Last Game You Beat

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Harvester
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - Fun game. Good story, good puzzles, the environments are very low-res but are well drawn. Voice acting is the weak part of the game.

I still remembered most of the solutions to the puzzles so I breezed through it. Going to keep playing for a while to check out the two other paths, they have different puzzles. The starting and end sections are always the same and I'm not going to replay those again, just the different middle sections (I made a save at the point where the paths diverge so I don't have to play from the beginning again).
Harvester
Gamer
Gamer
Finished the two other paths as well. Now done with the game. According to Steam the whole game took me 10 hours.

Now I'm turning my attention towards Beneath A Steel Sky, another adventure game which has been released into the public domain, so it's free. Never played this one before but heard good things about it.
Tritherian
Noob
Noob
Harvester wrote:Now I'm turning my attention towards Beneath A Steel Sky, another adventure game which has been released into the public domain, so it's free. Never played this one before but heard good things about it.
I enjoyed BaSS very much. Just be glade of the pixelated graphics when you get to the surgery.

I recently played through Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. It was a light side game, so I'll be trying the dark side next time, to see how it effects the story.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Jak and Daxter: The Precourser Legacy.

Second time through. Now that I knew what to expect, I rather enjoyed it.
Corpfox
R E S I D E N T E V I L: 5

Strider
CCGR addict
Resident Evil 5 = the most not scary horror game ever made. It's still pretty fun, though.
Government is another way of saying "better than you."
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
I replayed an beat Fire Emblem. (GBA)

Last game before school starts.
Which is tomorrow. O_O
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Jak II.

I find myself torn. On one hand, the game was awesome. On the other, I really can't recommend it since it has so much illen in it.

Haven city is huge, and running from one end of it to the other doing random missions never really got old. Nor, surprisingly, was there an abundance of repeat missions. I'm certain there was some that were similar to others...but aside from the driving missions, I can't really think of one that was repetitious of another. No complaints on this end.

Nor with the weapons. Though there were only four, they worked. Jak has a weapon like that in Republic Commando; a single blaster with multiple barrel attachment`. A chain gun, a shotty (every game, ever person on earth needs a shotgun), a standard blaster, and a Peace Maker, a plasma rocket that hits single target and sploots to others near it...I want one of these too. There's a certain amount of strategy involved in usage, too. Especially around teh civvies.

The story was predictable, but that never really stops a story from being enjoyable to me. Jak and crew are (mostly...Daxter can get annoying) fun characters, and most of them are likable. Jak especially, though having anger issues, is a pretty cool guy. Surprisingly worthy of the title hero. It's in the little things, you know? Like the green goatee.

The problem is...the game had so much negative moral content. There are three main female protagonists, and all of them wear skin tight clothing, with two of the three being in short shorts and low-cut, midriff baring tank top. Skin tight, by the way, should really be phrased "I painted on my clothing this morning". :P The normal female city dwellers share this trait, though tend to be modest otherwise. There were also posters of scantily clad suggestive females plastered about the city like brain jelly. Not. Cool. Funnily enough, the obligatory empty headed blond lady was voiced by a doctor. The humor was not lost on me.

Language too, surprisingly...Well...not really. I knew all of this stuff was there before hand (I read the review, but it wasn't exactly kosher with the game), but the near constant swearing was a bit stinky for a game (even with the slutty outfits) that was rather childlike in animation style. There's also a lourd of lame sex jokes in the game (none of which were particularly funny, but then, I wouldn't find them as such anyway), including a bird-monkey with a rather inappropriate name. A double entendre should, I feel, show some wit.

That stuff aside, it continually impressed me that the world is entirely open and about as load-time free as could be. It went the way of Metroid, loading only when you opened doors. Even then, the only indication of this was that the door would sometimes take awhile to open. Freaking epic. The longest wait time was perhaps 5-10 seconds, when I went from a flame filled room and through a portal next door.

It also took me just shy of 15 hours to beat. 14:55 was my final time, and I will add that the game is blazingly hard at times and several of those hours were sucked up in a few spots. :D And I only found around 60 precourser orbs, and I don't know the final count. I know there is at least 200.

So yeah. I really enjoyed the game, but I would hesitate to recommend it. Uncertain I want to play the sequel. Or rather, I know I want to, just uncertain I will. :D
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Harvester wrote:Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - Fun game. Good story, good puzzles, the environments are very low-res but are well drawn. Voice acting is the weak part of the game.

I still remembered most of the solutions to the puzzles so I breezed through it. Going to keep playing for a while to check out the two other paths, they have different puzzles. The starting and end sections are always the same and I'm not going to replay those again, just the different middle sections (I made a save at the point where the paths diverge so I don't have to play from the beginning again).
I don't know if my copy is glitched or what... but I could never beat that game. XD
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Harvester
Gamer
Gamer
What was the point where you got stuck?

I know of one glitch, in the end you're supposed to look at a wall and notice the alignment of the sunstone, moonstone and worldstone and recreate that alignment on the pedestal in the final room, but if you reload the game at that point, the alignment on the wall stays the same but when you align it like that on the pedestal it doesn't work anymore. When you get to the point where you can see the alignment, don't save and reload anymore.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Harvester wrote:What was the point where you got stuck?

I know of one glitch, in the end you're supposed to look at a wall and notice the alignment of the sunstone, moonstone and worldstone and recreate that alignment on the pedestal in the final room, but if you reload the game at that point, the alignment on the wall stays the same but when you align it like that on the pedestal it doesn't work anymore. When you get to the point where you can see the alignment, don't save and reload anymore.
It was always in the room before the final journey to Atlantis. Like... (it's been years since I've played) you place the various stones and align them. Must be where you're talking about. :P
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Catherine

It's an awesome game...but I can't recommend it to everyone, and not just for the sexual content. It deals with relationships, cheating, breaking up, the nature of love, the impossibility of romance, it's powerful tug, deciding what you really want from life, etc. It's very hefty subject matter, stuff that I think would soar over the heads of most immature gamers.

My only criticism is that the camera and analog stick controls can be an absolute pain in the bum sometimes. Especially when you're attempting to solve a puzzle and you fall because you couldn't see where you were going, or because you jumped off the wrong side or pulled the wrong block. Still incredible though.
epsons
VIP Member
VIP Member
GTA: Episodes from Liberty City

Finally got around to finishing the Ballad of Gay Tony after some savegame problems. Very over the top, Vice City kind of feel to it... Liked it a lot more than the Lost and Damned, mostly for that reason.
"I tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose."
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - excellent endings worth watching all of them
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Deus Ex Human Revolution The Missing Link - want to see the other ending so I gotta fight that boss again