What was the last game you played?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

It's God of War round two for me.

Translation: Some of it I love, love, love to death. Some of it makes me want to find the project leader and punch him in the face.

Loves: Exploration, setting, story, characters, adventure elements.

Hates: Combat.

Seriously. It's not so much that the AI is cheap or something (though four chest shots to down an enemy sucks with how limited ammo is)... it's that... well... in the words of Street Fighter's Cody...

...boring the crap outta me.

Seriously. It feels incredibly uninspired... and humdrum. Blarg. Ducking behind a wall and shooting until the room is clear or I run out of ammo is not my definition of fun. It seems to work for enough people to have made the game super popular, but it's just... so... bland.

And stands in stark contrast to an otherwise awesome game.

I hope the combat gets some life... or I warm up to it... soon. So far, though... it's seriously the exact same way I feel about God of War's first incarnation.

Q-freaking-Q
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Portal.

Yay for new PC having a Gee Efex card. Not a great one, but enough to handle source turned to medium specs.

Portal...so fun. XD Nice to play a game that requires thought insteat of just killing the baddie.

/jaded.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Fallout New Vegas
Kendrik
CCGR addict
God of War

I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm playing this again is to get the trophies. I know exactly what to expect this time. On the one hand, that causes me to be less disappointed by it. On the other hand, I'm even more bored with the gameplay because I know how to dispatch all of the enemies.

The other reason I was playing it again was to have it fresh on my mind before attempting its sequel. Seeing as I apparently remember it quite well, I think I'm gonna just move on to the sequel and come back for the trophies here sometime later.

A game that spends the bulk of its time focused on combat-based gameplay really needs to be fun and engaging to the very core... not dependent on "OH MAN! I JUST SHOVED MY BLADES DOWN THAT THING'S THROAT!" moments.

Gimme God of War's story and lore in a graphic novel, and I'd give it way more rep than I give the first game.
Kendrik
CCGR addict
God of War II

Soooooo... totally different game. On paper, it's pretty much the same thing. In practice, it's actually enjoyable. Still not a perfect game, but it's a thousand times better than the first one. I almost didn't play it on account of how much the first one let me down.

Anyone who hasn't played these games but means to... should definitely read a couple spoilers and jump straight to the second game.
Nix
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Not likely
Kendrik wrote:God of War II

Soooooo... totally different game. On paper, it's pretty much the same thing. In practice, it's actually enjoyable. Still not a perfect game, but it's a thousand times better than the first one. I almost didn't play it on account of how much the first one let me down.

Anyone who hasn't played these games but means to... should definitely read a couple spoilers and jump straight to the second game.
I told ya it was tons better than the first, didn't I? :P

"Kissaki Kai is not like fighting an opponent, it is an execution."
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Vanquish

Just the demo... but... :shock: Like I just said to a friend of mine, it's not the most original game ever, but the execution borders on flawless. It's so... amazing. I hope this sells like mad... and quickly drops in price. I want to own it. O.o
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
STALKER: Call of Pripyat.

Going through on Master. It's hard. Partially because the best early questline involve bloodsuckers, partially because anomalies are instant death in most cases.

Thankfully, the same early game tactics that worked on a lesser difficulty still kinda work. It's just easier to die trying to knife enough bandits to get enough ammo to start shooting bandits for profit. Especially because stealth kills don't exist and they always travel in pairs
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
Kendrik wrote:Vanquish

Just the demo... but... :shock: Like I just said to a friend of mine, it's not the most original game ever, but the execution borders on flawless. It's so... amazing. I hope this sells like mad... and quickly drops in price. I want to own it. O.o
Well, if it sells like mad, the price won't drop quickly. It's either one or the other.

Assassin's Creed.
Not fond of this game. I've heard the second does a better job, but this one just annoys me so much. There's so much I could complain about I don't know where to start. The whole thing seems flawed in almost every way. Camera- terrible, Platforming- annoying, Combat- dull and annoying, Story- in there somewhere, Missions- repetitive beyond belief.
"Love is immortal... Too bad you aren't." Magoichi Saika (Samurai Warriors 2)
Keero
Bad Company 2

Played some Heavy Metal Conquest (expansive tank/helicopter map with three control points). I was shotting some duds, and day were all flying some duds.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Mafia 2

Finally finished it in a marathon session. Not sure what I feel about it, but I'm pretty sure the gunplay is terrible. Which basically means that the combat is incredibly frustrating, and that makes the game something that I'm not exactly anxious to return to.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
TheWampaKing
VIP Member
VIP Member
More black ops

Galil and the AK-47 are probably my favorite guns. Also love the crossbow and ballistic knife.
"When the world flips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall"
"IT'S LIKE GIBBERISH ONLY IT'S IN PRINT." - DeadManReedeemed
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
^I just feel like pointing out that ballistic knives suck IRL. They are a uniquely Russian invention, which is to say they were inspired by vodka

More STALKER: CoP

Loaded an old save to try a mission I missed out on. Turns out, the Gauss rifle is better than I gave it credit for, and easily managed a small squad of exoskeleton mercs. Probably something to do with the fact that the Stalker wiki lists it as having 200% damage XD. It's just expensive to shoot.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Dungeons and Dragons online.

/nerdiest game evah.

/I've enjoyed it so far

I beat the obligatory equip mission, then raided some tombs. KoTOR's usination of D&D rules allowed me to use that knowledge in order to pretty much create a sweet character. Kewl.

Only problem now is...I've never played an MMORPG before, and have no idea which character's are NPC's or actual people.

I also find it annoying that I've been telling people I'm trying to cut back on the amount of games I play and I seem to have picked it up, if anything. /annoyed
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:Dungeons and Dragons online.

/nerdiest game evah.
The virtual DM (the one who says things like "you feel a draft blowing through this room") makes the game. Seriously. So awesome. :D
I also find it annoying that I've been telling people I'm trying to cut back on the amount of games I play and I seem to have picked it up, if anything. /annoyed
So don't tell them. Just play. :P

Also...

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Played a bit of cat and mouse (aka splitscreen). Still trying to train my dad in how not to suck in FPS games. He likes and wants to play them, but he pretty much sucks. Soooooo... teaching him things like circle-strafing and not to thrash his physical body around in a panic when dealing with an in-game attack. :P

I still like Modern Warfare, beeteedub. Shotty > you.