What was the last game you played?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Syphrice
Noob
Noob
welll if you dont count MC, i am a huge fan of rpgs. final fantasy, dragon warrior ect... i bounce around a lot when i play games
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
League of Legends.

Getting better. Or at least...not getting worse. XD

The game teaches patience, if nothing else. I really, REALLY, have the desire to rush Viking style into battle, and you just can't do that. You die. Ridiculously quickly. There are champions where, after you hit level 10 or so, that you can, but even then, it's more about strategy than "PILLLAGE". I actually used in game currency to purchase a champion that was recommended for newbs, and I've been learning that way. But I really want to branch out into a melee character that kills heroes, vs. my ranged archer that is mostly support.
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Chozon1 wrote:League of Legends.

Getting better. Or at least...not getting worse. XD

The game teaches patience, if nothing else. I really, REALLY, have the desire to rush Viking style into battle, and you just can't do that. You die. Ridiculously quickly. There are champions where, after you hit level 10 or so, that you can, but even then, it's more about strategy than "PILLLAGE". I actually used in game currency to purchase a champion that was recommended for newbs, and I've been learning that way. But I really want to branch out into a melee character that kills heroes, vs. my ranged archer that is mostly support.
Chozon, noooooo. :(

Play Dota. :P
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
TDog9631
Yeah! DOTA ftw!
Steam: bE.(Insert witty name) Origin: TDog9631 Battle.net:TDog9631#1737
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
U GUYS.

My computer is like...4-5 year old lappy. LoL has less strenuous specs, and I've still got it down on low.

That said, I actually just finished downloading DOTA 2, and I'ma try it out and see if I can play it later. Minimum specs say no...my hope says yes.

That said, I actually played a match yesterday where I had one death and like, 4 assists, so...
TDog9631
Chozon1 wrote:U GUYS.

My computer is like...4-5 year old lappy. LoL has less strenuous specs, and I've still got it down on low.

That said, I actually just finished downloading DOTA 2, and I'ma try it out and see if I can play it later. Minimum specs say no...my hope says yes.

That said, I actually played a match yesterday where I had one death and like, 4 assists, so...
1 D 4 A in LoL? I take it you are good at that game.
Oddly enough, I'm pretty good at DOTA, but stink at LoL.

Also, as long as you have 2GB RAM you will be fine.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Actually, I'm pretty terrible. XD

I just gave DOTA a shot. My compy will run it, barely, on the lowest settings possible, on a fairly low resolution.

Pretty sure I earned the nickname "snacktime". All I did was feed. No idea which character to use (ended up with Omniknight), so I naturally grabbed one that did very little damage and had no real special abilities. XD At least that I could use...someone else could perhaps be skillful.

In short, from my first run, I uh...sorta prefer LoL. Not giving up though.
TDog9631
Same here. I was AWFUL at DOTA. And then I was like "I'll try this guy at the front of the hero list." His name is Abbadon. He is gosh-darn near impossible to kill once you reach level 6. I would try him and play as a support/healer. His Q can target a friendly hero to heal or you can damage and oppenent, BUT it hurts you. His W allows you to place a shield on either yourself or a teamate. When the shield ends it "bursts" and does damage around it. His E is some sort of aura/lifesteal thing I think. His ult turns on after hitting half health. He regens health like a boss and gets bonus lifesteal and speed I think. I would try him. The move on to more and more complex heroes.
Also, unlike LoL where you can just kinda spam abilities and attack like crazy, DOTA abilities have long cooldowns and use way more mana, so they only should be used on heroes. It's best early game to just farm creeps and build up. One of the neat things DOTA has that I like is community builds. Up in the top left-hand corner of the screen there should be a small book. That will lead you to the community guides. They are normally labeled as "Support Abbadon" or "Carry Abbadon" for instance. They suggest items and tell you the best order to upgrade abilities.

Yikes. That was a long post.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Well, I haven't given up on it yet. :D I followed your advice and read some guides, found some characters I want to try. I may give Abaddon a shot too. :D
TDog9631
I would try the tanky heroes first and avoid most of the skill shot heroes. Heroes like Ursa and Sniper are easy to play since you can pretty much just auto-attack.
Also, out of curiosity, what heroes did you find that you liked and wanted to play?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sniper, actually. :D Had a 11 kill game with him yesterday. Wanted to give Luna and Wind Runner a shot too. Still playing co-op vs. bots. Haven't got the nerve to play a real game yet. XD
TDog9631
I have yet to play Luna, but I can say Windranger/Windrunner is a ton of fun, even though her best damage ability is a skill shot. Her shackle arrow and the fact that she is one of the best escapes in the game are great.
TheWampaKing
VIP Member
VIP Member
Titanfall Beta

Ahoho sweet mercy this game is great. Haven't had this much fun in an online shooter since Call of Duty 4 or Halo 2
"When the world flips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall"
"IT'S LIKE GIBBERISH ONLY IT'S IN PRINT." - DeadManReedeemed
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
TDog9631 wrote:I have yet to play Luna, but I can say Windranger/Windrunner is a ton of fun, even though her best damage ability is a skill shot. Her shackle arrow and the fact that she is one of the best escapes in the game are great.
I'm still having fun with the sniper. I play him as a support character (though I know he's meant to be a carry), and manage to not die quite a bit. XD Actually scored 11 kills the other day.
TDog9631
Chozon1 wrote:
TDog9631 wrote:I have yet to play Luna, but I can say Windranger/Windrunner is a ton of fun, even though her best damage ability is a skill shot. Her shackle arrow and the fact that she is one of the best escapes in the game are great.
I'm still having fun with the sniper. I play him as a support character (though I know he's meant to be a carry), and manage to not die quite a bit. XD Actually scored 11 kills the other day.
Sniper is fun. Unless you are playing against him, then he makes you angry. He is one of the more OP heroes in the game, and they BUFFED him in the last big update.