What was the last game you played?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
epsons
VIP Member
VIP Member
Fallout New Vegas
Spoiler:
Really not liking this whole "kill all of the Brotherhood" objective...
Drewsov wrote:There was a quest I couldn't complete because I had to kill a nest of Deathclaws. o_o
Yeah, I think I know which one you're talking about... I find I have to either get to a vantage point or go in a gap between two rocks too small for them to reach me. Otherwise, I have pretty much no chance. :P At least I know what to use my mini nukes on now.
"I tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose."
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Have you tried using toenail clippers on them?

>_>
epsons
VIP Member
VIP Member
Do you mean trying to cut them with toenail clippers, or clipping my own toes in the hopes of hitting them with shrapnel?
"I tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose."
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Dude. You MacGyvered a weapon from your own toes. :O XD Respect.
skybird
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Skyrim:) Leveled up to expert!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Turok.

Baffled as to the meh reaction to the game still...If I wanted to be inflammatory, I'd say it was the lack of blood and gore. :P Playing it through on inhuman...the knife doesn't work so well now, as according to the game mechanics it's a 'finishing move' and with much tougher enemies (with higher health levels) you canna activate the action trigger until you've shot up the baddie first, in which case it's just...not effective. XD

Good news is, this is only for certain enemies (Shadow raptors, specifically; I fear it'll be the same for the Sidewinders), so knifing things is still the best way to handle normal dino's and the bow is best for humans.

Basically, I love this game.
Corpfox
I UNBOXED A UNUSUAL SPARTAN!

Also, played TF2 and Bejeweled 3.

Drewsov
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Baffled as to the meh reaction to the game still...If I wanted to be inflammatory, I'd say it was the lack of blood and gore. :P
Because compared to every single other FPS game on the market, it was exactly the same. It did nothing different. The original franchise wasn't great, and the reboot had solid mechanics, but played it safe and didn't experiment.

Oh, and the "boss" battles were terrible. o_o
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I don't know if I could disagree more, akshually. Maybe if all I played were FPS games it'd seem a rehash of mechanics, but from my experience...this is untrue.

I've not yet found an FPS in which the knife was little more than a place holder after acquiring a better weapon, whereas in Turok it's generally the best weapon in the game. The possible exception being RepCom, but the knife in that was a melee attack vs being a separate weapon. Same with the bow. I've not played an FPS (very few, for the record, I've played have even had a bow) that actually kept the thing useful (And generally better than the sniper rifle) throughout the entire game.

Same for the stealth element. It's actually useful in Turok, and rarely is in other FPS's. In fact...I have trouble thinking of another FPS in which the stealth element sections were not a pain the rumpus. :P

Basically, I think if you play the game as a standard FPS, it's a standard FPS. If you play the game using the methods and abilities the devs programminated (AKA: The 'right' way :P )...entirely different game. At least compared to the FPS stuffs I've played.

There's also the fact that dropping a Kraken with a flamethrower was one of my favorite boss battles ever, thank you very much. XD
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Or there's any Modern Warfare game in which I will continually rage against knifing instakills
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
ChickenSoup wrote:Or there's any Modern Warfare game in which I will continually rage against knifing instakills
This, I did not know of. So likely, Drew has some purnts that make sense.

But I don't have but MW1, and can't recall using a knife 'atall. :P
DarthDapor
VIP Member
VIP Member
Played some Reach with my lil bro Airpa...gotta get that weekly challenge knocked out...
ChickenSoup wrote:Or there's any Modern Warfare game in which I will continually rage against knifing instakills
soooo whatabout instant knife kills in halo reach?
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
wat
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Modern Warfare 3

I've discovered playing without Stalker makes it easier to aim and the holo sight is a lot better than the red dot.
apple_jack
Noob
Noob
The last game i played is mine craft on ccgr and now i am not on the white list well i gtg c ya