What was the last game you played?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Getting closer to beating it. I actually got past a relatively tough section, but I missed an optional objective (for better ending y'see)... so I'm trying to do it again. Unfortunately, it's time sensitive, and the AI refuses to cooperate. /unhappy

Prior to that...

Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Played a few sweet matches with Jester. I still love this game... and I really <3 Akuma. Cannot wait for MvC3. CANNOT WAIT.
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
More Tales of Symphonia

At the point I am in the game, the characters are already super endearing. I just gotta get used to the combat system. :S
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Pretty sure Symphonia made me cry.

Just... throwing that out there.

Such awesome characters. <3
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Kendrik wrote:Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Getting closer to beating it. I actually got past a relatively tough section, but I missed an optional objective (for better ending y'see)... so I'm trying to do it again. Unfortunately, it's time sensitive, and the AI refuses to cooperate. /unhappy.
Pretty sure I know which part you're talking about, and I only got through it with one of Thor's special attacks and Wolverines rage meter.

And...I played that again the other day. But used something that is to the effect of a "New Game+" option...it was so easy. XD

PQ: Galactrix.

Difficulty curve is non-existent. You go from fighting level 20 ships, to level 40-60 ships within the course of one battle.

On the other hand, there was a completely unexpected plot twist. Yay for non-expectancy.

STALKER.

RAWR.

Chernobyl...is annoying. Add "see-you-and-you-die" helicopters, overpowered Monolith troops, anomalies that seem much stronger than usual, and you have SO MUCH PAIN. And...that's just the beginning of the level...But a map glitch may have killed me, seeing as how there are 5 bad endings, and one good one, yet the glitch means I don't know where on the map I am...and so I cannot tell if I went down the right path or the wrong one.

I found an FN2000 though, which is such a sweet gun...you don't even know.

It's my only solace, as I never found the Exoskeleton I wanted. -_-
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Kendrik wrote:Pretty sure Symphonia made me cry.

Just... throwing that out there.

Such awesome characters. <3
Foreshadowing. O.O
Spoiler:
Well, Colette has to die, right? :P
Anyway, Vesperia almost made me cry, but that's because when I beat it, I didn't want it to end. XD

GarthVader
VIP Member
VIP Member
Nix wrote: Final boss was hard. Like, killed everyone of my main party right off the bat except for the player character.

Last played that, actually. Going through it with a couple other profiles... about half way through with my duelist/assassin character.

<3 this game.
You know what's weird? I found the final boss too be really easy (and no, I am not some amazing RPG player. Probably far from it)

It was weird. I had a lot of trouble on earlier bosses, though.

I last played Bioshock 2. I love the drill!
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
MUA2.

Intended to finish it, but I got distracted.

It's gotten slightly better as it moves along. And She-Hulk's ugly.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Nix
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Not likely
GarthVader wrote:
Nix wrote: Final boss was hard. Like, killed everyone of my main party right off the bat except for the player character.

Last played that, actually. Going through it with a couple other profiles... about half way through with my duelist/assassin character.

<3 this game.
You know what's weird? I found the final boss too be really easy (and no, I am not some amazing RPG player. Probably far from it)

It was weird. I had a lot of trouble on earlier bosses, though.
That... is strange. What type of character were you playing as? Rogue, Warrior, etc.

"Kissaki Kai is not like fighting an opponent, it is an execution."
Orodrist
CCGR addict
More MUA2.

Initially, I really didn't care for Gambit, but his fourth power is really broken. Not to mention the alternate Horseman of Death costume looks epic.

Also, I'm ticked off that the DLC isn't available. Playing as Black Panther, Cable, and Magneto would rock.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Did they package those epic characters together or did you choose? O_o

Deus Ex.

Turns out blowing up the EMP generator is much easier when you can trank the guards.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
They did, in one big DLC pack along with Carnage, Psylocke and Juggernaut. But some idiot decided it was a limited time offer, so I missed it by like a week. Also, I miss a lot of the characters from MUA1, like Moon Knight, Blade, and Ghost Rider.

Pheonix
Forum Moderator
TF2 with my new man Keero. Fun stuff. :D

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Orodrist wrote:They did, in one big DLC pack along with Carnage, Psylocke and Juggernaut. But some idiot decided it was a limited time offer, so I missed it by like a week. Also, I miss a lot of the characters from MUA1, like Moon Knight, Blade, and Ghost Rider.
Nice.
Strider
CCGR addict
Pheonix wrote:TF2 with my new man Keero. Fun stuff. :D
:(

I played some Madden '08. I'm actually having the most fun with the Superstar mode that I've ever had since I got the game... which was three years ago.
Government is another way of saying "better than you."
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Mass Effect 2

I got through the Liar of the Shadow Broker DLC, which has officially put me past 1000 gamerscore in the game. This is quite a big thing, because in all my years of owning a 360, I've never broken 1000. It's also cool, because I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pull a completionist on this game. Eight achievements away. Just eight.

Not like I care or anything. >.>

ANYWAY.

Shadow Broker was awesome. It wasn't long - maybe three hours, total - but it was challenging on the high difficulty I was going for, and was crucial to the plot of the first two games. Basically, if you've played and loved ME1 and ME2, you owe it to yourself to pick up Lair of the Shadow Broker. Because it's awesome, barring one lengthy firefight in the middle, where about 90 million enemies swarm you in waves. Not. Fun.

But there's a pretty cool car chase sequence, and two boss battle, both of which provide a stiff challenge.

Good stuff. :)
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...