Discontinuing Soda for One Week

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!

Re: Discontinuing Soda for One Week

Postby ccgr » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Hope things get better for you, glad to hear the cravings are subsiding!

ArcticFox
CCGR addict

Postby ArcticFox » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:54 pm

So I have had a little soda each day for the previous 3... though still much less than I was having before. I'm going to go on another 1 week soda fast, just to keep from letting the addiction regain control. Even now I feel a very faint but still noticeable desire to go have a Pepsi with lunch.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens

J.K. Riki
Gamer
Gamer

Postby J.K. Riki » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:38 pm

It certainly sneaks back in quickly. I tried to re-acclimate myself with "occasional gambling" just for fun and found that unfortunately even on occasion it ended up being bad for me, personally. So I have more or less eliminated it now, outside of extremely rare circumstances. It was simply not the right decision for me to introduce it back into my life even in small bits. The old allure and pull of addiction remained, and I didn't like it.

ArcticFox
CCGR addict

Postby ArcticFox » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:40 pm

Can you imagine how much worse it must be for people trying to quit smoking? Drinking? Hard drugs? As I sit here fighting a desire for caffeine I realize that it's by the Grace of God I'm not hooked on anything worse, or I'd be toast.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens

J.K. Riki
Gamer
Gamer

Postby J.K. Riki » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:28 pm

Well said, agreed.

I know people on both sides of those things, too. Alcohol and smoking killed my father, and one of my best friends came back from drug addiction thanks to God's strength.

ArcticFox
CCGR addict

Postby ArcticFox » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:30 pm

Smoking killed my mom. She'd had a heart attack in 1999 and the doctor told her the best thing she could do to prevent that happening again was to quit smoking... but my mom had been a smoker since she was 17 and the addiction turned out to be more than she could beat. She did try, but ultimately wasn't successful. Lung cancer took her in 2014.

Know what I learned? That the anger and rage loved ones feel when an addiction kills someone is very similar to that which they feel when it's suicide. In both cases, it feels like the person died from choices they made... and that choice wasn't to live. It isn't a fair way to see it, but it's hard not to.

Having the experience of trying to beat an addiction like caffeine is a much milder form of it, but still makes it a little easier to understand what they were up against.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens

Return to “CCG Weight-loss Challenge”