ROA: Part 2. Among the Ashes of a New World.

fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
Livia/Guy
Spoiler:
As Livia makes her way deeper into the building following the sound of Guy's voice. She enters a room that is lightly furnished with beds and medical supplies. To her left, she sees Guy lying in a bed struggling to lift himself up. His torso is unclothed but bandaged in several places. Next to him is an old man clothed in grey robes assisting Guy as he tries to sit up. In the corner to her right she sees a most pitiful sight, a creature in a cage dying. The thing is ugly to behold as it is humanoid in appearance but with large tentacles jutting from it's face. On occasion you hear a gurgle that sounds like a whimper.
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Kratimos/Winthrop/Crimson
Spoiler:
The morning comes quickly for the adventurers. They pack up their gear and find themselves in the dining area. This time, it's alive with activity where many of the Hestic are rushing about, serving food, eating, and laughing. The party sees Volstaid sitting next to two other Hestic men having a conversation. He appears to be in a cheerful mood. His wide smile gives his unusually pale skin a cheerful countenance, his red eyes look full of life.

He sees the party enter the room, "Come my friends, please sit down." He gestures to a few empty chairs across from him.
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
GM/Winthrop/Crimson
Spoiler:
Kratimos pulled a chair and sat down, more than a little embarrassed that Volstaid was able to be done and finished before they left. He could have stayed.
"I take it last night went well?"
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
DollFaceKilla
Are you human?: Not likely
GM/Guy
Spoiler:
Livia gasps as she enters unsure at first of how to handle the situation. She is startled by the creature unknowing if it is friend or foe. Then she remembers why she came inside in the first place. Guy! She goes to him, her eyes worried but compassionate. Taken by emotion, tears begin to run down her cheeks. She places her hand softly on one of Guy's bandages. What happened to you? How did you get here?

Livia casts Cure Moderate Wounds on Guy.

[dice]0[/dice]

Is that creature your friend? Do you want me to heal him? Livia points to the caged creature.
ROA: Livia

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
GM / Kratimos / Crimson
Spoiler:
Trip takes some time in the morning to pray to Olidammara and prepare his spells before he heads down to the dining area. Seeing Volstaid and Kratimos in the room, he grabs some sausage links from the serving table and makes his way to one of the offered chairs. He turns the chair around and sits down facing Volstaid, leaning against the back of the chair, his arms and head dangling over the back. He offers a sausage to Kratimos.

"Yeah, how did the attack go? Everyone seems to be in a good mood, so I have a feeling that it went well." He takes a bite of one of the sausages and chews eagerly.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM / Kratimos / Winthrop
Spoiler:
After a good night's sleep Crimson is feeling well but is mentally preparing for the battles up ahead. She has to fight smarter and come back smiling like Volstaid is. She grabs a big pate of breakfast since good meals are hard to come by when traveling. She sits down and awaits to hear what happened after her departure.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
GM/Livia
Spoiler:
Yes... He has acted honorably toward me, and I owe him my life.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
DollFaceKilla
Guy/GM
Spoiler:
Livia walks over to the cage and smiles at the creature. Thank you for taking care of my friend.
She smiles at him and casts cure moderate wounds on the creature.

[dice]0[/dice]

That should help you feel a little better. She says to the creature.

fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Guy/Livia
Spoiler:
The creatures wounds seal up. He sits up and looks to Livia, **Thank you my dear, I am grateful for your care.**

He looks intently at the bars of his cage. They begin to vibrate then the metal shatters, falling to the ground. He stands up outside of the cage. The priest of St Cuthbert is clearly disturbed and slightly horrified by the power of the creature. He stumbles back a few steps and grabs Guy's shoulder in fear.

"Is this...creature....a danger to us?"

Ignoring the priest the creature approaches Livia and offers his hand to her,**I am Rhell, priest of the Star Father, truly an honor it is to meet a friend of the Broken Saint.**
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Kratimos/Winthrop/Crimson

Spoiler:
"The raid went well. We recovered several beautiful relics and destroyed several dark artifacts. In addition, we cleared the building of all tainted undead. No men were lost." He looks at each of the party as he speaks, "So, where will your travels take you form here? Consider the supplies a gift. We Hestic are always fond of fellow messengers."
DollFaceKilla
Guy/GM
Spoiler:
The Broken Saint? She glances at Guy before taking the Rhell's hand. Why do you call him the Broken Saint? Livia eyes Rhell, unsure of what to think of him. She knows that he is a monster, a creature for destroying, yet this creature seems almost gentle and kind. Not to be rude, but what are you? Where do you come from? What happened to the two of you?

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Kratimos/Winthrop/GM
Spoiler:
I'm glad your mission was successful and without any casualties. While I was at the mansion I discovered a note giving orders to attack the Underport which I consider my hometown. We must haste and I pray we're not too late. Can you tell me where I may obtain some healing kits so I don't get as badly injured next time?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
GM / Crimson / Kratimos
Spoiler:
Trip finishes the sausage and licks his fingers. "Don't worry about healing kits," he tells Crimson. "I don't know why, but I've been instructed to travel to Underport as well. It seems our destinies are united. I'll take care of you. Same with you, Kratimos. And any of your other friends that we may find."
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
GM/Crimson/Winthrop
Spoiler:
"Thank you, Volstaid." Kratimos tapped his armor in recognition. "And thank you for taking care of Anna. What is the best way to find myself back here?"
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Kratimos/Winthrop/GM
Spoiler:
Thanks for your assistance in keep me alive Trip. I appreciate it. Just make sure you don't get injured either! I'm not built like some of the others around here. I do best with sneak attacks. Thank you everyone for your help and kindness. What is the best route to head to the Underport?