ROA: Part 1, The Lone Tower

Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
Spot

[dice]0[/dice]

Spot

[dice]1[/dice]

((I assume a arcane check is pointless because under the rules you need training to get over DC 10))

As the adrenaline from the combat wears off, the pain catches up with Brokan. He appears quite bloodied--a mix of his own blood and the goblin's--but he doesn't complain out loud. He is clearly hurt, however.

He looks at one of the dead goblins and notices something on its arm.

"This goblin has something tattooed on its skin," he says to the group. "A hand holding an eye. Does that mean anything to anyone?"
Brokan Mok

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek . . . to be understood, as to understand.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
((I'm pretty sure I have training in Arcane, so I'll roll a check))

Minather runs over to take a look.

Arcana check
[dice]0[/dice]

Doesn't mean anything to me Minather says, resignedly.
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
((Hey guys, it's up to you what you would like to do now. Previously you wanted to head back to the gnomish city. Just a heads up to get things back on track. Also, just to check, are we all still on board with the game? Thanks!!))
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
((Weren't we waiting for the gnome guard to come get us, now that we opened the door? Since we don't have those cave-boars to navigate.
I'm totally still on board, I felt like we were waiting for something. My guy didn't see a whole lot, so there's not a lot I think he can do.))

Kratimos walked back towards the entrance of the door. He heard the storm in the distance.
"We can make camp in here, if everyone is comfortable with it. Bring some torches in if you are."
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
((I'm pretty sure everybody's still in. As ArchAngel said, I think we're just waiting for our contact to arrive.))
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
((I'm still in.))

"If these goblins came through the way we came, then the gnome guides probably did not miss them. We should not wait for them. We should either search for them--and expect to find bodies--or we should press onward toward our destination. I for one, do not like our chances of finding anything in the caves without a guide."
Brokan Mok

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek . . . to be understood, as to understand.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
((I'm still in))

The underdark is best left to those with experience. Minather says, nodding in Brokan's direction. It might be best to move on. In the lighting, I'm almost certain I saw an outline of a tower. I think we're close. But it may be worth holding ground until daylight.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Kratimos listened to to the party members and leaned up against the doorway. He was no fan of waiting around for the gnomes.
"How about this," Kratimos snapped his finger. "We'll just leave a message. The gnome guides have already been alerted by the door opening, let's just leave a message and we can be on our way. The ashes from the torches can work, but if not... well, we always have the goblin blood."
Last edited by ArchAngel on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

DollFaceKilla
Are you human?: Not likely
((I'm still in))
I agree. Waiting around for more goblins does not sound like any fun to me. I don't know if we should rest here, but I will be more effective if I am able to gain back the spell I used.
ROA: Livia

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
((I'm in))

After what those jerks did to me I'm all for splitting more of their heads open, but a rest sounds good too. Tough choices...
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
"Hmmm, well, it is night." Kratimos offered a solution, "It seems like some of you guys are uneasy about camping inside the mountain, so we'll set up right here and if the gnomes don't arrive by morning, we leave a message and continue the journey."
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Guy isn't so sure. If we are to remain here then we must be ready for another attack. Those creatures didn't happen upon us by chance. They knew we were here, and they were trying to ambush us. They were certainly sent by others who will soon notice they haven't returned.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Kratimos was starting to get frustrated, but tried to keep it under. "Okay, look. I brought a couple ideas forward. You guys decide and we'll go with it."
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Is there any chance at all we can backtrack these goblins and see if they've engaged our friends?
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
That would be possible in theory, but potentially difficult. Goblins are small in size, so they leave light tracks, and the ground inside a cave is likely to be harder than the woodland ground I am used to. I would estimate my probability of keeping the trail to be approximately one in two. If the party chooses, and understands the risk of getting lost, I would happily apply my skill in this way.
Brokan Mok