Tales Around The Hearth

fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
This will be the location for all OOC (out of character) chatter. Feel free to talk about whatever here. The game forum is for game specific chat.

If you need to make an OOC comment related to the game just use (()) for your comment.

Example:

Gorehcht approaches the troll with a vial of acid in his hand, ready to do some damage.

((Would Gorehcht as a character really know that acid is a trolls weakness?))

In any case, spin your tales, buy a mug of ale, keep the conversation from becoming stale.

Here is your Inn, your sanctuary, your place of rest.

I bid the Adieu

*takes a bow*
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Kratimos leans back in the corner, taking heavy gulps of the pale ale in his stein. His feet are kicked up on a table, but none of the tavern owners say anything of it.
"Slow tavern." Kratimos chuckled to himself. "Better than having those paladin types around."

((Like so?))
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Perfect for an in game post.

However, this thread is for you guys to speak openly out of character. Use this thread to ask any questions you may have that are related to the game, if you need advice for your character, stories, etc.

This is the common area where you can talk about whatever you like. I called it "around the hearth" to give it that D&D Inn feel I guess, lol. But feel free to talk about whatever in this thread. The other thread(s) for the game itself will represent what your character says and does and where I (by the Grace of the Lord) will shape the world around you.
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Ahh, cool. I guess I was confused by Gorehcht and the acid.

During the game, if I need to make an OOC comment, I use the double parens?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
If you need to post an out of character comment while in a game thread please use the double parenthesis. This allows me to separate what you are saying as your character and as a person on the forums. You would do that if you want to ask a question about the game itself which would allow the focus of the game to remain in the thread.

If you would like to share about a recent d&d game you played, have suggestions for this game, advice on character builds, want to talk about your family or how your day went, this is the thread for these kinds of statements.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
so will my mark appear as a tramp stamp for me?
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
ccgr wrote:so will my mark appear as a tramp stamp for me?

Well...I guess it could. If that's what you want, then sure! Judging by the fact that you refer to it as a tramp stamp instead of a lower back tattoo I assume this post may be sarcastic? I'm not sure. Either way, it's your choice for sure.

Though I was thinking more along the lines of the forehead, heart, forearm, back of hand, thigh, ankle or top of foot.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I just thought it would be funny, when I think of a tattoo on a female that's the first place that comes to mind.
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
ccgr wrote:I just thought it would be funny, when I think of a tattoo on a female that's the first place that comes to mind.
It's not just for the ladies. I have a lower back tattoo. It's a rose with thorns coming out of it.

NO....that's definitely not true.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Yeah, I have the same thing! Except it's not really on my back, more of my shoulder, and it's not really a rose, but a cross. But yeah, same thing.

Loving the backstory and setting for RoA. Totally stoked.

Cool character backgrounds, CCGR and Deep. I'm thinking our party can be pretty interesting. :)
CCGR, you planning for a unrequited love theme? :P
Deep, good to see another Chaotic Neutral among all these goody-two-shoes.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Just saying that my character can be determined to a fault. Doesn't have to have a love story but would be humorous.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
So guys, feel free to look over my character sheet and point any mistakes I've made. I'm new to 3.5, so this is almost a different game to me. XD
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Deepfreeze32 wrote:So guys, feel free to look over my character sheet and point any mistakes I've made. I'm new to 3.5, so this is almost a different game to me. XD
A conjurer eh? When I think of conjurer one image comes to mind:

Things look good. You need to separate the spells you have available to you from the spells you have memorized for the day. Remember, when the spell you have memorized is cast you have to mark it off as used. Also, you can not cast that spell until you have rested and studied.

You do have to fill in profession because you put a rank in profession. Craft, however, has no rank in it so you do not have to fill it out.

Your profession is your job apart from you class. Like if you were a banker while you trained to become a wizard.

I would caution you as a worshiper of Vecna (God of secrets and forbidden knowledge, typically worshiped by necromancers because Vecna was once a man who became a lich, who became a god) since the main enemy of this campaign are the undead and users of dark magic. Especially since the person you report to is a high level priest of good alignment. There's also the thing with having a paladin and cleric in the party as well. That may clash a bit.

You can create your character as you see fit, just keep in mind where he will be.

Also, if you could have some stats and a description of your familiar, that would be awesome.

Other than that, your sheet looks solid.

You should never feel your questions are stupid. When i began with 3.5 I asked a million questions. Feel free to ask whenever.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
If we want to do actions, how would it work? Do we post a narrative on what we do, then you tell us what we need to roll for. Then in a following post we roll, and you continue the narrative?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Cool backstory, Arctic. We should have some interesting parallels and conflicts in the story :)
Pew Pew Pew. Science.