Tales Around The Hearth

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Yay babiez on teh way! Congrats!
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Hey all, just thought I'd check and verify that the spoiler tags apply to active players, right? Been following regularly (it's a good read, on everyone's part) and wanted to make sure I wasn't violating some unspoken rule about outsiders.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
it's an honor system just don't pm the others with spoilers :)
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Once we get to a point where the whole party is united (if that ever happens lol) then you guys can go back and read each others story lines. It would be as if one character shared what they were doing with the others for the last two years.
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
It's good to know I'm not the only one reading my storyline. I like where fathom is taking things, so it's cool to share. I also apologize if I continually inadvertently lead away from unification.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
No apologies necessary. I like to make things as sandbox as possible but when (and if lol) the group is united, that will give way to greater adventures like going after said artifacts mentioned in secret (REVEAL NOTHING MR ARCH..MUA HA HA HA HA)

You guys should all come to Georgia during DragonCon. The tickets can be pricy and we were debating paying for them this year but even if we don't go to the event, it would be epic to check out the parade, game at my home (I'll run a live 3.5 game or possibly get my buddy to run the game. He's a pro DM for sure!), eat lots of great food, and have fun for a few days. That would be rather epic. I have some room at my house with a guest room, living room and if needed, a garage that can be converted to living quarters. Plus I have some friends nearby with open rooms that I'm sure they wouldn't mind sharing with great folks such as yourselves.

This is not a for sure thing, but shoot, if there's interest, we should at least talk about it!
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Haha, I am so excited about it.

Man, that DragonCon idea sounds like a lot of fun. Just checked the dates, thinking I'd be able to convince the wife to check out Georgia and DragonCon, but they fall on the dates right when she has to start teaching again. Now to convince her to let me go off gallivanting for the weekend...

EDIT: Looks like she'd be able to make it for the weekend. Things are looking up on my end!
Last edited by ArchAngel on Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
That would be so cool! What does she teach? If you are able to make it out here, I'm sure we could get Arctic to throw down some 2nd edition and I'll do a 3.5 game and tie it into our play by post. In fact, we can record the game and post it in the forums to make it cannon.

I'll make Pad Thai....this might be a thing.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
She teaches 1st grade. After looking at the weekend, I mentioned that we could make it back by sunday night, to which she corrected me with "Monday morning."

That sounds super awesome.

mmmm... *drools* Pad Thai...
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ArchAngel
CCGR addict
fathom123 wrote:Kratimos
Spoiler:
((So I forgot that helmets don't really add armor so yea, lets consider that when you are wearing the helmet, you get an additional +1 to your armor. This would bring your AC to 18 plus your Dex bonus (Are the stats outlined on your character sheet your modified or unmodified form? I think that maybe you should create a second character sheet for your hybrid form. What do you think?).))
It's currently in my human form, and I have notes for hybrid, but I like the idea about the second sheet. I'll pull it up and share it here.

Oh, and I'm not sure if you saw one of my previous questions. Currently, both my BAB and saves are set by the Fighter class only. I was curious, since it's being treated a little like a dual class, that if there was any BAB/Save bonuses from my levels in Werewolf. If not, it's fine. I understand the point of balance and such. Just wanted to check how I should be leveling my guy up concerning that.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Did Crimson get any exp for poisoning that bad guy?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I think... this trip is doable... :mrgreen:
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Awesome! Let's keep talking about it and when the time gets closer start making moves. If I can't fit everyone into my house, I have a buddy who has a few rooms free that wouldn't mind a couple of visitors.

Ccgr-yea, crimson will get xp. I'm trying to decide if I should give it now or wait until our next sequence where distribution of xp for everyone would be an easier task.

I'm planning on posting today. I'm in the process of copying files over from my other computer that had all of my pbp stuff in it. I want to start using the battle maps again but it takes some effort.
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Just found the next part of your journey everyone! Well, depending if it turns out like this anyway.

We have three members united and two apart. What lies ahead?!

In any case, I'm having fun so far. How about y'all?

Also, how have you all been as of late?

I hurt my back pretty bad two days ago. I've been laid up in bed since then. I'm getting better but if you could keep me in prayer that would be epic!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
It's coming along great, thanks for DMing this :) been busy adjusting to my new job along with current responsibilities. I'll pray for healing for you, keep us posted!