Tales Around The Hearth

Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
I'm going to experiment with some font colors. Forest green comes to mind (and was used by fathom) but I'm worried it is too similar to ArcticFox's color. I'm going to try some things.

"This is a test."
"This is a test."
"This is a test."
"This is a test."
"This is a test."
"This is a test."
"This is a test."

EDIT: I think I'll go with this one.
Brokan Mok

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek . . . to be understood, as to understand.
Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
I've got another friendly pointer to CCGR. You're character sheets has the class skills and cross class skills mixed up. See the check boxes near the list of skills. They should only be checked for cross class skills. In other words, only the skills that are not class skills for the Rogue should be checked. I would go into your character sheet and check all the boxes except these ones:

Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (local) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha), and Use Rope (Dex).

This will probably free up a whole bunch of skill points that you'll be able to allocate. Cross class skills cost twice as many skill points, so when you have so many of your class skills checked off as cross class skills you're getting less skill than you're entitled to.
Brokan Mok

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek . . . to be understood, as to understand.
Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
Another pointer, this one for Deepfreeze.

Since Fathom said it should go both ways, I have to mention this. Minather has one more rank of spot than he's allowed at first level. You can only have 2 ranks of a cross class skill at first level, and you have 3 for spot. Technically you should allocate that rank somewhere else. Since its a cross class skill getting rid of that rank should free up two skill points. The maximum for class skills at first level is 4 ranks.

On the bright side Minather gets a +2 base bonus for Will saving throws for being a level 1 wizard, so don't forget to put a 2 in the "base" box by Will. That'll help you overcome mind control and so on.
Brokan Mok

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
okay so I unchecked the boxes...before I was working with 36 skill points I believe...I just looked at this: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/rogue.htm

I should use 72 points instead? am I reading this right?

I'm really sorry but I'm really new to all of this
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Nope, 36 points to spend as you see fit. For every rank you put into a Cross Class skill, it'll take 2 skill points. For every rank you put into a Rogue skill, it takes 1 skill point.

Don't worry about doing the math, just keep an eye on the total at the bottom of the table.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Truthseeker wrote: You can only have 2 ranks of a cross class skill at first level, and you have 3 for spot.
Yeah...I definitely do not recall reading of these limits...I mean, now I see them, but some help that is now. XD

This is why I prefer the books. It's a thousand times easier for me to notice these things if I actually have a copy of the book. For some reason or other, that's just how I operate.

ANYWAY, I've updated it. Any other problems before we get too far along? :P
Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
Nothing else jumps out as me as wrong. If we want to nitpick, 50 is young for an Elf in the standard campaign setting (see this page: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/description.h ... Statistics) but that's a mostly superficial thing and it could vary in fathom's world.
Brokan Mok

Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Well I was aiming for him to be old in comparison to humans in the campaign. I know he's young, but he's seen a lot. That's also why he's standoffish and has seeming mood swings. :P
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
updated my sheet, hope it looks okay now
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
TS
Thanks for helping with details, I appreciate it.

I will be posting a little later today (porlly around 3pm EST). Just a heads up for you guys to tune in around then. Right now, the combat looks good and we're getting the bugs out in a really good way. Lots of great gaming! You guys are an epic group to game with!
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Out of curiousity, do we not know the stats for the creatures we fight?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I gotta test something... this is ridiculous...

[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]
[dice]4[/dice]

eff. I guess I just suck in battle.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Haha, I think we all just missed this round. This guy has some crazy AC.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Arch-No, the AC is normal and no I won't be sharing his stats unless you use some kind of spell or ability that reveals his information to you.

As far as rolls go, it's all the luck of the dice.

A play by post game takes so long to get through encounters and that is amplified by the fact that others are sometimes unavailable to post in a day. With that said, I will be rolling for those unavailable during a combat phase. I will announce in game how long until I roll for them and then do so. The turns they take will only be basic moves IE Attack, search, spot, listen, etc. This will help keep things flowing. If anyone has an issue with this please let me know. Every other PBP game I've been apart of has rules like this set in place for the GM to move for others.

I'm going to wait one more hour then roll initiative and attack rolls for CCGR, DF32, and TS. For the sake of keeping the game moving.

I am also looking into Pathfinder. Have you guys played it? It's like a modified version of D&D 3.5. They have a full rule set online (not just pieces like the d20 srd does) and it has a full bestiary. Not to mention it seems to have worked out a lot of kinks. Check out this article I found on 3.5 vs pathfinder

http://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/ ... pathfinder

Fathfinder Website:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

In all honesty, it seems to be a better system that allows you to make better characters and it has so much more information available on its SRD vs the d20 srd.. The d20srd has a lot missing because it's the trimmed down version of the core rule books.

How would you guys feel about switching over to this rule system since we are still early on? Let me know.

EDIT: OH, and they have guns in pathfinder.

Here's a better version of the pathfinder srd
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/gettingStarted.html
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
I'll look into Pathfinder to let you know my opinion, but my gut instinct is that I like 3.5 because I know it very well.
Brokan Mok