Roll20

For any and all pen and paper RPG discussions and games.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
DallenMalna
Are you human?: Yes!
Actually I'd love that....how do yall converse while playing? and how would I go about making a character?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
We use Roll20, an online application that provides us with the ability to share the map, roll dice and video conference. You can see the campaign page here:

When the Heroes Are Away

Creating a character in 2nd Edition is pretty straightforward, and I can walk you through it if that's what you'd like to do.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
DallenMalna
Actually yes I would like that sometime....I tried to check it out and it said not authorized XD
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I guess you have to create an account on roll 20. (It's free.)
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
DallenMalna
https://app.roll20.net/users/325160/dallen-m" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I did... This is it...it still says im not authorized...
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I sent you an invite in PM.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
DallenMalna
Thank you very much, I can now see everything....However I accidentally drew a bit on the top left corner and am unsure how to remove that line, sorry about that....yeah I'm trying to look up as much as I can but the character creation sheet is a bit daunting...
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
DallenMalna wrote:Thank you very much, I can now see everything....However I accidentally drew a bit on the top left corner and am unsure how to remove that line, sorry about that....yeah I'm trying to look up as much as I can but the character creation sheet is a bit daunting...
Don't worry about the drawing. I can remove it :)

Creating a 2nd Edition character is simple, but does seem daunting at first. The first step is to think about what sort of character you'd want to play. Do you envision a powerful, grizzled old sorcerer with a grouchy attitude and a sore knee? Do you imagine a quick, armored elf warrior who loves to be at sea and gets nervous in cities? Perhaps you like the idea of a nimble Halfling who likes to pick pockets but has an obsession with shiny objects. Once you've got a complete image of your character in your mind, we can use the AD&D rules to build him/her.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Definitely, we'll help you with the nitty gritty, but first, find out what kind of character you'd like to play.

As of now, our party* consists of (char sheets in the link):
  • Trinity(ccgr), A stalwart human paladin: protecting good, vanquishing evil, and donating large portions of her money to the church.
  • Immokalee(DollFaceKilla), An elven cleric of the moon, whose vows prevents her from violence outside of self-defense, but she is far from useless in a fight.
  • Heldis(ArchAngel/me), A human cleric of the goddess of death. Stripped of her past life, she now lives as the hand of Hel, seeking souls for the afterlife, or saving those not yet ready.
  • Luka Shaggytoes(Sstavix), upbeat halfling and expert burgler, or treasure hunter, if you prefer.
  • Fritz Geral(?)(IBJamon), human mage. I honestly don't remember much since I can't find the char sheet, except he is both handy with the spellbook and the quarterstaff.
  • Robert Haversham(Fathom123), Redneck elf ranger. As great as it sounds, no other words needed.
  • Jack(NPC), the rogue who is quite fond of some in the group, possibly in love, and follows along for the adventures thus far.
In our current adventure to find out what happened to a lost merchant, after battling both kobolds and an angry ogre, we found ourselves in a goblin cave dwelling which we begin to explore deeper than perhaps is wise...

That's where the group is right now. Don't let this stop you from using the character you want, but I thought I'd list everybody if it helped you brainstorm who you'd like to join this party, since these are the people you'd be travelling with.

*apologies if I didn't summarize your characters properly.
Last edited by ArchAngel on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ArchAngel wrote: [*]Luka Shaggytoes(Sstavix), upbeat halfling and expert burgler, or treasure hunter, if you prefer.
I prefer "freelance opportunist." ;)
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I was looking for the clip from the 1977 Rankin Bass Hobbit cartoon, but I couldn't. But it's a great one where Gandalf says they need Bilbo as a burglar, or, if he prefers, an expert treasure hunter.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
DallenMalna
Is half elf an option?...And I can give you a rough idea of my character without full understanding of the world and rules when it's appropriate but you will have to help me make that character fit the world. (Because I don't know it very well.)
IBJamon
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'm a Human mage
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
DallenMalna wrote:Is half elf an option?...And I can give you a rough idea of my character without full understanding of the world and rules when it's appropriate but you will have to help me make that character fit the world. (Because I don't know it very well.)
Sure is.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
DallenMalna
Well how about after I watch this upcoming game and have a (slightly) better idea of how it works Ill make a character as best I can and have ya'll help me polish out the flaws....does that sound good?