Minecraft 1.14 Update News/Snapshots

All Minecraft posts go here
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!

Minecraft 1.14 Update News/Snapshots

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:35 pm

WARNING!!!! If you want to wait until the official release of 1.14 to see what is in the update then don't read any further! You have been warned. :wink:

Well, it's that time again! 1.14 is on the way and I'm guessing it will get revealed in good detail on September 29th at this year's MineCon Earth. There is only a couple things we know about 1.14 so far but it's worth sharing. :)

1.14 will introduce many new stairs and slabs, although we have no idea what materials will be used to make these stairs and slabs. The taiga, savanna, or desert biome will get a big update to it and whichever one does get updated will get decided by us! Whichever biome wins the most votes to be updated will get updated. :) Lastly 1.14 will not get an overhaul in combat, sorry peeps who want to return to 1.8 combat or want to just be done with 1.9 combat. :( The good news is that combat will get an update in either 1.15 or 1.16! Anyway that's all the info I have for now, looking forward to knowing more after MineCon Earth!
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Re: Minecraft 1.14 Update News/Snapshots

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:29 pm

A few new details.

All 3 biomes, Savannah, Desert, and Taiga, will eventually get updated. The voting that will be going on at MineCon Earth will be to decide which of the 3 will get updated first, but all 3 will get updated eventually. Also the desert biome, once its updated, will get a mob known as Meerkats. These mobs will be "friendly" so that probably means they will be passive mobs. Deserts will also get palm trees.

1.12 is here!

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Re: Minecraft 1.14 Update News/Snapshots

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:42 am

"This is Villager 100 reporting for Villager News! Our village has just been notified by some outside beings that we are going to be updated! Everyone is freaking out! AAAAAAHHHH!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES CITIZENS!!!!"

My cries have been answered! Villages and villagers are finally getting updated!!! The official name for this update is "Village and Pillage"! This update will be released in early 2019, which is quite impressive to say the least. Also the winning biome is the Taiga biome.

Anyway onwards to the additions to the game, starting off with new blocks.

More stairs will be added, already knew this.
More slabs will be added, already knew this.
Sandstone walls will be added, basically just another sandstone building block to choose from.
Campfires will be added. Sounds really cool in my opinion and I think they will look great!
Bamboo will be added, which will spawn in bamboo forests in jungle biomes. They will be eaten by Pandas! (more on that later) And they will be used in crafting scaffolding.
As I just mentioned scaffolding is coming into the game as well. They are just as they sound like and can be climbed on, are crafted from bamboo, and the whole structure breaks when the bottom block is broken. I think this will make building a bit easier.

As for items, one new item will be added so far. This item is the crossbow!

The crossbow will be stronger than bows in terms of damage, but it will take longer to load.
They have 3 enchantments, one is called Multi Shot and is just what it sounds like. Fast Reload, no explanation needed there either. And lastly a third secret enchantment will be added to the crossbow. They will use arrows as the ammo and can also shoot out fireworks as well, which I think is neat. Lastly they will be craftable, though we have no idea what the crafting recipe will be yet.

Lots of new mobs getting added! 4 in fact so far and I wouldn't be surprised if I saw more added either.

First up foxes. All I know is that they will spawn in Taiga biomes.
As if zombies and illagers weren't enough to terrorize the mostly helpless villagers, they now have a new threat! Known as the Pillagers! They have a similar texture to the illagers and they will wield crossbows. They will be like bandits in a sense and raid villages, killing any villagers in sight. Seriously these villagers need to learn how to fight or get some better security, because they ain't gonna last long after this update...

Also if Pillagers weren't enough we might as well throw in Pillager Beasts! These guys have an illager-like head and walk on all fours. They are pretty big and have armor and saddles. From what I heard they are quite tough (though I'd rather wait to hear the stats of this beast before I come to any conclusions), and they can also destroy crops, which is really rude.

Lastly, Pandas! I remember reading a few times that DinnerBone wanted these pandas to be added, so I'm sure he is happy about it. :D Anyway they spawn in bamboo forests and eat bamboo, if that wasn't obvious. They have varying personalities. They can be lazy, playful, and/or aggressive. Their face can help you tell what type of personality they have. If they have read eyes then they are aggressive, and will attack if you attack them. There is a baby variant, which can actually sneeze! I think it is quite cute, but it does startle the parent panda. They have a rare brown variant. I'm looking forward to checking these guys out!

As for world generation, berry bushes will be added. They will spawn in Taiga biomes. If there are berry bushes then I'm guessing there will be berries as items (though it's not confirmed).
Bamboo forests, as mentioned earlier, will spawn as a new biome variant of the jungle. Bamboo forests will spawn bamboo shoots and pandas.

As for changes...

Villagers will get new skins. There will be one skin for each profession (including the sub-professions, for example fishermen, farmers, fletchers, and the sheer sheep (sorry I forgot the name of the profession lol) will each get a separate skin, instead of each sharing the brown robe skin). The skins will also change depending on the type of biome the village is from. Villagers will also get improved trading and I've also heard they will be smarter. How smart? Well they say they will have like timed schedules for when to work and stuff like that, so hopefully the villagers will actually do something productive for themselves for once, instead of relying on players and iron golems.

Cats and ocelots, which were previously one mob, will now be split in two. The cat mob will now spawn as strays in villages, which I will assume they can be tamed in the same method ocelots can be tamed now. They will have 9 new skins, one of the skins seems to already be in the game and one will be chosen by the community. Cats will also now bring you gifts! Cats are finally not almost completely useless! (Though cats will only bring you cat-related gifts I think, no diamonds, sorry!). Also, hey creepers! You're not the only ones scared by cats, as phantoms are now scared by cats too!

As for world generation, villages are getting a re-work (finally!!).

So the church, well, paths, and the lampposts look the same for the most part, but everything else is getting redone! The buildings will change depending on the biome the village is in. Also, villages will spawn in more biomes, with snowy biomes and jungle biomes being added to the list.

Lastly, an unconfirmed feature, brown mooshrooms may be added into the game.

That's all the info I have right now! I am so glad they have finally decided to make a major update to villagers and villages, as I feel they have definitely needed it for a while now. Please post your opinions on the update down below! (Now I feel like a Youtuber a little bit lol) :lol:

One last thing. The pandas, bamboo, and scaffolding will actually get released I believe separately from the village and pillage update, as the developers said that those things I mentioned earlier in the sentence will get released around or a little before the holidays. So we already have some stuff to look forward to before the end of the year! :)

1.12 is here!

Return to “Minecraft”