Trumps not singing hymns or saying the apostle's creed a HW's funeral

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Thoughts? I'm rather shocked to be honest.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
ccgr wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:23 am Thoughts? I'm rather shocked to be honest.
Why? Donald Trump never struck me as being particularly religious.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
J.K. Riki
I got done being shocked by anything Mr. Trump does a while ago. I'm trying to think if there was anything that he could do at this point which would cause me to be even a little bit surprised, but it is hard to imagine anything. Maybe acting Christ-like or doing a 180 on his current behavior, but that would be it.

This is not a political thing. I don't really care much for politics in general. He has proven to be who and what he is, whether Republican, Democrat, President, or Reality-TV star.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Frankly, I'd rather have someone like Donald Trump NOT sing the hymns or recite the Creed than to have the likes of Bill and Hillary Clinton doing it just for show. At least it's honest.

The only surprise for me is that the Clintons' tongues didn't burst into flames.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I've heard that Trump got more religious after taking the office because let's face it, with all the hate he's getting (some of it deserved, but not all of it) he needs a higher power to look up to besides himself. ;)

Articles like this one -https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2017 ... us-christ/ made me think he got closer with God. I read another one (but can't find it now) about him shedding a tear and praising God at this year's lighting of the tree. But if that's the case, why not sing hymns and say the Apostle's Creed? I'm at a loss here.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Trump may be a wealthy real estate mogul and the President of the U.S... but has he ever been called a singer? Maybe he has a terrible singing voice and is very self-conscious about it.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
ccgr wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:50 pm I read another one (but can't find it now) about him shedding a tear and praising God at this year's lighting of the tree. But if that's the case, why not sing hymns and say the Apostle's Creed? I'm at a loss here.
Who knows? Maybe he's very self conscious about his singing voice and prefers to just be quiet and attentive rather than sing. Maybe there's something in the Nicene Creed that he doesn't agree with or maybe he feels a bit hypocritical if he does. Maybe his mind was elsewhere and just didn't notice what was happening around him. Maybe he's just a rude buffoon, or at least, was acting like one at that moment. Maybe he's clueless.

I would not have recited it either, since a couple elements of the Nicene Creed conflict with some of my beliefs, but I'd have read along. That's just me though. Should he have done that? Well, the optics would have been better, for sure... But this is kind of a non-issue for me personally.

I really think the Conservative media is overreacting and the leftist media is trying to score some points by pushing to make the President look bad in the eyes of his base.

Slow news day.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
I think Trump plays to whatever he thinks the crowd that favors him in the current situation wants. If he thinks the crowd wants him to be religious, he'll act religious. If he thinks the crowd wants him to be belligerent and in-your-face, he'll do that. I think the man has very few core beliefs he's not willing to compromise, given the right circumstances.
Last updated March 13th