My Sermon on Paradoxes

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
J.K. Riki
Hey all! Over the next few weeks I am handling the sermons at my church so our pastor can take a little time to recharge (he's had some weeks off, but hasn't REALLY taken a proper vacation in 7 years... Not that this time is a proper vacation because he loves us all so much he's still coming to church every week, lol).

Anyway, the first of the series was on Paradoxes, and I thought I'd share it in case anyone wanted to hear it. Also if you listen and have any feedback, don't hesitate for a second to let me know. I want to get better at this, to showcase the glory of God to the best of my ability.

(As an aside, I ended up not putting in NEAR as much on actual paradoxes as I originally planned, because at 2AM Saturday night I wrestled with God about it and He had me remove most of the intellectual ramblings I so wanted to include, because it wasn't the right fit for the audience. Ah well! Less of me and more of Him. Maybe one day I'll get to give my "Look how cool these Paradoxes are!!" sermon, ha ha.)

EDIT: Part 2 - The Cost of Understanding
Last edited by J.K. Riki on Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Awesome!, thanks for sharing, will have to check it out when I'm not at work :)
J.K. Riki
Sure! Let me know what you think after you listen to it. Good, bad, whatever. Nice to have feedback.

Also here is Part 2 from this past Sunday. It is called "The Cost of Understanding" and is all about Understanding Others.

Last part will be delivered this Sunday. That one's focus is (currently) on Individual Responsibility.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Listened to them both, nice work!
J.K. Riki
Thanks!

The three weeks are done, and here is Part 3 if you're interested in the conclusion. It is on "Personal Responsibility" and not being afraid of seeking truth.

I learned so much from this first attempt at a "series" (including but not limited to "Doing a series is HARD") and I'm so grateful for the opportunity. I have no idea where God will call me to, but I'm far less afraid of a potential call to Pastoral Ministry than when I was younger. I guess I'm just more open to whatever His plan is now. If it's to be a pastor, well, I guess we'll see. :) In the meantime, I'm going to keep doing my best to work on myself so I will be ready no matter what challenges and opportunities are sent my way!