Reasking: Moral Dilema

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ImperialR
I would like to get this sorted out before Christmas, because I had asked for a game that I may have an issue with over this, plus I was considering buying Phantom Pain.

So a while back I started feeling...Bad, when I killed a character in a game that was played by someone, and the game used their likeness, and voice. Since then I haven't really been able to play games where the characters are as such, (Several Star Wars Games, Lego Avengers) and it got worse because I can't really play games like Rebel Galaxy or Metal Gear now because of the characters being motion captured by a real person, either using their likeness, voice, or both. the thing is, I didn't used to have this, but the feeling bad wouldn't start until I thought that it would apply to the game I was playing.

I asked for Lego Star Wars the Force Awakens for Christmas (Played the original two lego star wars games back in the day) and I'm afraid it'll have the same results. I also really liked the Metal Gear series since I was little and watched my brother Snake Eater,Sons of Liberty,Guns of the Patriots...I got the HD collection last year, I really had fun revisiting Snake Eater, and trophy support added a new goal to playing, and I had never played Peace Walker before, but I actually liked it once I got used to it, I even liked the research and base development, and I've seen my brother play Phantom Pain, and I realize it's actually more of a Peace Walker sequel. On steam you can buy the definitive edition (with costumes, online content, Ground Zeroes...) for as much as the game by it's self, so I'd like to buy it after I get a Steam card for Christmas and during the Winter Sale.

I didn't used to have this trouble, and I miss playing several of these games, (Especially Empire at War...) And I wonder if it's real conviction and guilt, or just me...

Thanks for your time.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
If you don't feel right playing them than I suggest not doing so. Pray about it and see if anything changes.
ImperialR
ccgr wrote:If you don't feel right playing them than I suggest not doing so. Pray about it and see if anything changes.
Well it didn't bother me until I thought about it that way.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you asking us for justification in playing these games? Personally, it sounds like something you should be discussing with God. That's really who you should be talking to in regards to moral concerns about the games you play. Rely on Him to give you the answers you seek.
ImperialR
Well I prayed and I thought about it...

And thanks to my messed up brain, now I may never be able to play a game where I kill someone who is voice acted.

:?:
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
There's plenty of good non-violent games out there. Check out https://www.christcenteredgamer.com/ind ... -dodgeball
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ccgr wrote:There's plenty of good non-violent games out there. Check out https://www.christcenteredgamer.com/ind ... -dodgeball
Oh my, yes. There are a ton of fantastic games out there that don't involve hurting anyone in any way, shape or form. Just because you trim a few from your collection doesn't mean you have to give up on gaming entirely. And if voice acting is the issue, there are plenty out there that don't have voice actors, too.

What genre is your favorite? Perhaps we can come up with some good suggestions for you.
TheMightyMcGrew
Noob
Noob
When we fell from grace we understood right from wrong. Good and evil. Which I may be wrong here, but may be the reason we will judge angels. Either way we possess the ability to judge situations. If i were in the same position as you I would attempt to use my best judgement against the person/a in question. But like everyone else said if you dont feel comfortable doing it thats your call, and frankly i agree. We dont have the right to judge men, nowhere does it say that we do. Trust God to steer you right friend and you will never go wrong.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
It would be better to stand against the world as it is judged by God, than to stand with the world who is trying to judge God. - Unknown