Games Lost...

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ImperialR
I understand I have some mental issues sometimes.

But this morning, I had some issues when praying, and for some reason, I thought of a Fallout game when I was praying against giving satan any power in my life, or something similar to that.

So now, I basically ruined fallout for me. :roll: I have had similar issues in the past, but this stinks, because I had gotten over 3.0 GB of a fallout game downloaded, which I deleted a while ago. I can't figure out how to fix this, because thinking of playing that game gives me a negative feeling, and I don't know what to pray to either A: reclaim it, or B: just fix this. So, long story short, I may never play fallout 3 again. Because my mind may associate it with giving satan power or legal right. My brain is messed up sometimes. -_-
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
if you're feeling guilty about it, then it' probably best to take a break from it.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ImperialR wrote:
But this morning, I had some issues when praying, and for some reason, I thought of a Fallout game when I was praying against giving satan any power in my life, or something similar to that.

So now, I basically ruined fallout for me. :roll: I have had similar issues in the past, but this stinks, because I had gotten over 3.0 GB of a fallout game downloaded, which I deleted a while ago. I can't figure out how to fix this, because thinking of playing that game gives me a negative feeling, and I don't know what to pray to either A: reclaim it, or B: just fix this. So, long story short, I may never play fallout 3 again. Because my mind may associate it with giving satan power or legal right. My brain is messed up sometimes. -_-
I don't think your brain is messed up at all. At least not in this regard. ;) No, I've always been a big believer in the fact that God communicates with every single one of us - we just need to learn how to listen to Him.

And I think that you may have received an answer to your prayer. You were praying that Satan wouldn't have any hold in your life and that game came to mind? There's your answer - God is telling you that, indeed, that game could be an avenue for Satan to drive right in and control your thoughts and feelings. I know it can be hard - especially if you really enjoy playing that game - but it's the message Heavenly Father had for you.

So you have your answer. Now, what are you going to do about it? Follow the promptings? Or go ahead and keep playing the game anyway? I think the answer is obvious, but it's not my life or salvation at stake here. Ultimately, the choice is yours.
ImperialR
Sstavix wrote:
ImperialR wrote:

I don't think your brain is messed up at all. At least not in this regard. ;) No, I've always been a big believer in the fact that God communicates with every single one of us - we just need to learn how to listen to Him.

And I think that you may have received an answer to your prayer. You were praying that Satan wouldn't have any hold in your life and that game came to mind? There's your answer - God is telling you that, indeed, that game could be an avenue for Satan to drive right in and control your thoughts and feelings. I know it can be hard - especially if you really enjoy playing that game - but it's the message Heavenly Father had for you.

So you have your answer. Now, what are you going to do about it? Follow the promptings? Or go ahead and keep playing the game anyway? I think the answer is obvious, but it's not my life or salvation at stake here. Ultimately, the choice is yours.

That's an issue, because a lot of the junk that happens like that is just me and not Godly, no I was praying about something totally different, and I was praying against giving satan and legal right or power in my life with that, and then pop, thought of fallout, so now fallout is associated with that in my brain, so now I ruined fallout forever for me. -_-
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ImperialR wrote: That's an issue, because a lot of the junk that happens like that is just me and not Godly, no I was praying about something totally different, and I was praying against giving satan and legal right or power in my life with that, and then pop, thought of fallout, so now fallout is associated with that in my brain, so now I ruined fallout forever for me. -_-
I'm thinking it isn't you that ruined Fallout for yourself. I'm wondering if it's a message from God. But that's not for me to decide. Pray about it and see what kind of answer you get.
ImperialR
Sstavix wrote:
ImperialR wrote: That's an issue, because a lot of the junk that happens like that is just me and not Godly, no I was praying about something totally different, and I was praying against giving satan and legal right or power in my life with that, and then pop, thought of fallout, so now fallout is associated with that in my brain, so now I ruined fallout forever for me. -_-
I'm thinking it isn't you that ruined Fallout for yourself. I'm wondering if it's a message from God. But that's not for me to decide. Pray about it and see what kind of answer you get.

I'll try.

But I played over 114 hours of the game last year (I think last year), beat the dlc's main quests, maximum hero karma, defeated the villains...Why now? Why not last year when I was playing so much?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ImperialR wrote:
Sstavix wrote:

I'll try.

But I played over 114 hours of the game last year (I think last year), beat the dlc's main quests, maximum hero karma, defeated the villains...Why now? Why not last year when I was playing so much?
That's something you'll have to ask God. Or, possibly, God had been telling you this, but for some reason you weren't listening. This time the message got through. Or maybe there was going to be some sort of content or inkling in the next time you played that would have crossed the line. Honestly, I can't tell you that part. You'll have to pray for more wisdom and see what God's trying to tell you.