I'm a church planter, anyone else involved in church leadership?

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
TNTnoob
Noob
Noob
Hi I'm a church planter, anyone else involved in church leadership? Have you done anything minecraft related as church outreach?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Most churches I call introducing our site and services don't bother calling us back. I'm not asking for money, just that they let parents in their congregation know about us. Is that asking too much??
Sstavix
CCGR addict
TNTnoob wrote:Hi I'm a church planter, anyone else involved in church leadership?
When I read "church planter," my first thought was a gardener or a groundskeeper. I have a feeling that this is not the case. :lol: Would you mind telling me (and anyone else who may be curious) what a church planter is?
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
ccgr wrote:Most churches I call introducing our site and services don't bother calling us back. I'm not asking for money, just that they let parents in their congregation know about us. Is that asking too much??
I'm finding this as well with my ministry. It seems people (in leadership or not) tend to 'be afraid of outsiders'. I'm trying to confirm this theory, but it seems a proper statement so far...
**sigh**
...If it is then people forgot to think with their hearts and stop thinking with their heads! Sure there's reason to be cautions (and wise) but when one tests the spirits constantly, what's the problem?
**shrug**
:?: :idea: :?:
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sstavix wrote:
TNTnoob wrote:Hi I'm a church planter, anyone else involved in church leadership?
When I read "church planter," my first thought was a gardener or a groundskeeper. I have a feeling that this is not the case. :lol: Would you mind telling me (and anyone else who may be curious) what a church planter is?

Someone who starts new churches
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ccgr wrote: Someone who starts new churches
That's the impression I got. But how does that work?

(I'm genuinely interested, because I've had an idea for a fantasy novel tickling the back of my mind for a couple years now, in which an older priest is sent to a podunk, backwater village in order to start a church dedicated to his deity of mercy and healing. It's partially inspired by the negative depictions - or outright omissions - of religion in many fantasy and sci-fi novels I've read of late....)
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
simple answer is train people up, sent them off and support them until they're financially stable. Here's step by step list I found via Google - http://www.biblicalmennonite.com/planting-a-church.html
TNTnoob
Noob
Noob
ccgr wrote:simple answer is train people up, sent them off and support them until they're financially stable. Here's step by step list I found via Google - http://www.biblicalmennonite.com/planting-a-church.html
Very cool, I started with the Brethren in Christ who have Mennonite roots including MCC support. I am with the Free Methodist who are likeminded but more liturgically based.
TNTnoob
Noob
Noob
Sstavix wrote:
ccgr wrote: Someone who starts new churches
That's the impression I got. But how does that work?

(I'm genuinely interested, because I've had an idea for a fantasy novel tickling the back of my mind for a couple years now, in which an older priest is sent to a podunk, backwater village in order to start a church dedicated to his deity of mercy and healing. It's partially inspired by the negative depictions - or outright omissions - of religion in many fantasy and sci-fi novels I've read of late....)
One idea for your book is to think of the Jedi Order in Starwars. A denomination that does church plants is like a training ground for new "Jedi." Jedi come in different classes and skill sets and so do Pastors. Ephesians 4:11 describes the different classes as apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors (or "shepherds") and teachers, New church planters are like trained disciples under a "Jedi Master" who has experience with new ministry. I got trained as an Evangelist/Apostle for example and now I am moving toward more of the traditional structure of teaching pastor. In the future I hope to equip and train new leaders once our church has gotten more stable.

My email is jeff@resolutionchurch.org if you want to talk off forum!
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Hey, posting your E-mail address in the open like that is a good way to invite spam. There are bots that comb the web looking for exposed addresses. I'd recommend you edit that post and send him the address in PM.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
amyjo88
Minecraft Server Admin
Well this is in response to the original post...

I was the children's pastor at our old church and last year i started a ministry called BibleCraft. We had church kids playing MC and all the kids at the school I worked at were talking about it so I figured it would be a pretty good outreach so I started it up on Sunday nights. We did a couple songs, had a Bible story, a minecraft themed snack, and then we re-created the Bible story in MCPE over the church's LAN. I always had a non-minecraft option for kids who didn't play or didnt have a device (legos, chalk, etc) I also had my own phone and tablet that the kids could borrow.

I moved at the end of the summer, I think school starting would have made a huge difference in our numbers. The kids did like it a lot and brought some friends, but vacations etc. were a beast