'God Bless America' signs fly after atheist group targets post office banner

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
I really get annoyed by the "Freedom From Religion" group. They whine continuously about non-issues like a Post Office displaying a sign like that. There's a pretty big difference between something like that and actual state sanctioned religious preference, but to hear them complain you'd think people were being force marched into churches every Sunday at gunpoint.

And they lecture us not to whine over molehills.

All of it is based on a complete misinterpretation of the First Amendment. The First Amendment was meant to ensure that there would be no state sponsored religion, which protects other religions from being outlawed. It was never intended as a mechanism to force religion underground or to sanitize religion from all but the most private of places.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I agree and appreciate the backlash from this town
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Me too. It's good for people to remember that while the Government represents us, we don't really need it if we want to make a statement of this kind.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens