The Two Scariest Lies in Our World Right Now

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I don't agree with this analysis. I mean, I'm not saying we aren't sinners... we all are. I'm also not saying we can earn our way into Heaven by doing more good things that bad... we can't.

I don't like that he phrases lie #1 as saying it's a lie that "you're a good person." I don't think God ever intended for us to be filled with self loathing by saying we're bad people. We're sinners, yes. We're weak, yes. We will mess up, yes. This is why we need the Savior... But God loves each of us individually, and that means we're of worth, and have goodness in us as the children of our Heavenly Father. We don't need Salvation because we're bad people. We need Salvation because we're sinners, imperfect and human... But if we weren't worth saving, the Son of God would not have suffered and died for us.

As to the second lie... I agree people like to perpetuate the myth that there are no consequences for our sinful existence, but it has less to do with punishment and more to do with the fact that sin literally separates us from God, such that when we're dirty from our sin we cannot bear the light of His presence, and we need to be cleansed by Salvation to return to Him.

I like what this video is trying to do, but I think he got it wrong.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Not really the biggest Francis Chan fan myself, and AF's thoughts reflect many of my own.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
It was the first I've heard of him. Something to consider, nothing more, nothing less :)
Nedla2000
Noob
Noob
I like him personally but I would say that it is the definition of being a good person is what your disagreeing on. I do like that he used new testament verses. God does punish but we are covered in the blood of Jesus; the perfect sacrifice.
Dirkdigdeep
Noob
Noob
While I concur with this man IF and only IF you are speaking of a un saved person, which is what Romans 3 is talking to and about, its NOT applicable to the saved , regenerate, spirit led Christians . Its complicated to answer here in text being an exceedingly large subject in scriptures. ( i am a two finger typist) While every new christian comes to God as a carnal minded babe who has a legal standing of perfect sinlessness, they also, as God always intended ( Eph 1:4) ... wants them to have regeneration and the renewing of the mind, to learn to walk in holiness by obedience to the LEADING of the Holy Spirit. (Ezekiel 36: 26 and Romans 12: 2) God's intent is that after salvation proper, they have a re-birthed human spirit, and a renewed mind by the washing of the word and the Holy Spirits ministrations to grow up into spiritual maturity and become like Christ in character. Eph 4: 11-16. Such a one is NOT a sinner by nature, who may yet sin, but does so with increasing infrequency as they grow to spiritual maturity. The man in the video is very lacking in discernment of context in his choice of proof text and seems utterly lacking in sufficient biblical foundation to be teaching.
Yes it is a LIE to say those things which are watchwords of the ecumenical / emergent/ one world antichrist religious spirit. But let's not mix the goats with the sheep. Even so some who think they are sheep are actually Goats; and the "everlasting punishment" as our Lord speaks of personally, where YOUR worm dies not and YOUR fire is not quenched leaves no room for annihilation theory. There is no punishment in falling into non existence unconsciousness or sleep. Neither is that "punishment" eternal or "everlasting" but only momentary. This entire false doctrine is because people cannot understand that our god is not only a loving God, he is also a consuming fire, holy, righteous and will NOT excuse sin.
RoosterOnAStick
If you don't mind me asking Dirk, before I respond any further what denomination/theological background are you coming from? I'm having a hard time figuring that out.
“If the history of the 20th Century proved anything, it proved that however bad things were, human ingenuity could usually find a way to make them worse.” - Theodore Dalrymple