Boys that identify as girls can join Girl Scouts

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Wolfeman
Noob
Noob
/me shrugs.

Wrong is still wrong, no matter how socially accepted it becomes.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Reason #45 why my daughters ain't, and won't be, Girl Scouts.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Emwok
CCGR addict
Well, the BSA has allowed girls to join Boy Scouts before (I once met an honorary Tenderfoot who was a girl), but that seems a little more normal. I don't think they have to identify as boys.
Spoiler:

storm
Gamer
Gamer
Emwok wrote:Well, the BSA has allowed girls to join Boy Scouts before (I once met an honorary Tenderfoot who was a girl), but that seems a little more normal. I don't think they have to identify as boys.
Your right they didn't have to identify as boys But hey the circle of strangeness is now complete A boy can start as girl scout, beat me out for miss America and become miss universe. But make sure he doesn't pose nude cause well that would be immoral and thus get him/her tossed from the pageants After all they got their name and respectability to think of
@.@ -clicks heals together 3 times- There's no place like Ireland Theres no place like Ireland come Toto (forget Kansas )
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (NKJV)
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” Greg King
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Why do you guys think some boys identify as girls? Is it because they're perverts? I don't see why anyone would choose to do so unless they had very strong feelings about it, especially given the way they are vilified for it.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Bruce_Campbell wrote:Why do you guys think some boys identify as girls? Is it because they're perverts? I don't see why anyone would choose to do so unless they had very strong feelings about it, especially given the way they are vilified for it.
Well, the thing is that kids at a young age don't have a sense of their own sexuality yet... they're kids... and instead of providing guidance, a lot of parents trot the kids out as "transgendered" almost as a way of showing off how progressive and open minded they are. It's like that 2 year old that made headlines last year(?) where he had made some comments about wanting to be a girl and the parents decided he was a transgendered toddler... which struck me as downright sick the way they put him on display. Like a 2 year old has any sense of these things. If my 3 year old son says he wants to be a dinosaur am I supposed to change his name to Rex and have his arms surgically removed and reattached with his wrists at his shoulders?
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
ArcticFox wrote:If my 3 year old son says he wants to be a dinosaur am I supposed to change his name to Rex and have his arms surgically removed and reattached with his wrists at his shoulders?
This reminds me of a certain scene in Stepbrothers, but I can't quote it here due to profanity :P
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ArcticFox wrote:If my 3 year old son says he wants to be a dinosaur am I supposed to change his name to Rex and have his arms surgically removed and reattached with his wrists at his shoulders?
I wanted to be Cookie Monster. Probably good my parents didn't change my lifestyle based on that.... :lol:
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Yeah, I'm not an expert on this, but there might be a difference between Gender Dysphoria and wanting to grow up to be a Polar Bear.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
ArchAngel wrote:Yeah, I'm not an expert on this, but there might be a difference between Gender Dysphoria and wanting to grow up to be a Polar Bear.
I'd be completely in agreement with you if we were talking about someone who'd been through puberty, at least.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Wolfeman
Noob
Noob
There's no government funded market for polar bear psychologists so they have no psychological problems...
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Wolfeman wrote:There's no government funded market for polar bear psychologists so they have no psychological problems...
Are you insinuating that psychological problems do not exist? That's pretty naïve
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ChickenSoup wrote:
Wolfeman wrote:There's no government funded market for polar bear psychologists so they have no psychological problems...
Are you insinuating that psychological problems do not exist? That's pretty naïve
I think he means that, since the government is not funding any licensed polar bear psychologists, therefore there must not be any psychological problems with polar bears.

However, given that animal psychology is a growing field, it may simply be a matter of time before psychological problems in polar bears are theorized (e.g. "discovered") and a government grant to study the issue is awarded....
Wolfeman
Noob
Noob
A little of both really.

I suggesting that what we classify as a psychological problem is really a breakdown in the God ordered structure of things. A lack of 2 parent families with Dad having his role and Mom having her role has led to a lot of problems in family and societal structure. A lack of good clear role models in society and at home causes confusion. Where confusion is, satan is also.

We as a society are always looking for an excuse outside of sin for our actions. Society is quick to label these excues as psychological problems, give them a name and then say it's all ok now. That we just need to be more accepting and loving. God says that sin is sin and no matter what label we put on it, no matter what excuse we use to justify it, it is still sin.

Is Gender Dysphoria real? Yes and no. Yes in that we as a society have allowed our children to grow up without clear examples and patters to follow. This has laid a fertile field for confusion and the seeds of sin to be planted. These children (and adults) clearly have a problem and we have so many that we are able to give it a label. However, that doesn't mean we need to medicate it. We certainly don't need to tolerate, approve or encourage this behavior.

God is unchanging. What was sin is still sin. The lost (and even the saved) will always look for excuses to justify their sin. Slapping a label on it and stating it psychological or even genetic doesn't change the fact that God labels it sin.