Why won't God heal Amputees?

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Phealoon
Noob
Noob
I wanted to address one of the many questions I have come across during my life as a believer. I saw this question posted on a website a while back and I wanted to offer a possible answer to this question. I would guess that the person who asked this question, was trying to use it in some way to prove that Christ does not exist. In my opinion, the question does not make sense, as it assumes that God does not heal those without limbs. In fact, God does heal amputees, just not always in the way we would think.

Our father sent a young shepherd boy named David, to slay a giant using a sling and a few small pebbles. While everyone else, who was well trained for battle, was wearing heavy armor and carrying iron swords and shields. If a large man with a sharp iron sword took down Goliath, there would be little inspiration to give us hope and courage. God sent the unexpected to show His vast power.

Take Bethany Hamilton for example. She is a professional surfer, who lost her arm to a shark attack. Rather then giving up, she continues to inspire millions across the world. Now lets imagine what would have happened if she gave up surfing afterward. Millions of people would not have the courage and faith they found from her testimony of Gods strength.

Now you may be thinking, how that really didn't answer the question. Ok let me put it another way. The way we see things is often backwards in this broken world. People might think that because there was no supernatural re-growth of a limb, that God does not heal. However, the problem is in the question. "Why won't God heal Amputees?"

The world heal means "Get healthy again", or "provide a cure for".

God can heal a broken spirit, by providing encouragement and hope.
God can heal a physical struggle, by giving special knowledge to a technician who designs the perfect prosthetic.
God can heal a tragedy, by bring families together after the loss of a limb or worse.

So to answer that question, in my opinion, God does heal amputees all the time, just as He continues to heal the rest of us through His daily sufficient Grace.

-Phea
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Great post, point. Welcome to the site!