An Angel?

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
lilylilac
Noob
Noob
So I went to the bank with my Grandmother and I was waiting for her outside. An older man came infront of the bank, and started looking around like he was lost or confused or something. I held open the door for him, in case he was trying to figure out how to get into the bank. He smiled and said, "Thankyou, God Bless You."

I was suprised at first, I hadn't heard someone say that in quite a while. I closed the door after him and continued to wait for my Grandmother.

Suddenly he came back out and walked up to me.

"Thankyou for your kindness! God Bless You!" "Thankyou" I replied. He had a big smile on his face.

"I'm an angel you know. Most people don't know that, not even my family, but sometimes I tell people who I think should know. I was born premature and survived even though I wasn't put inside and incubator, and I was hit by lightening too! I didn't always know I was an angel, I just thought there were angels around me and I was doing there work, but one day, I met a woman on a subway, I got up to offer her my seat, and she said thankyou, because she was tired after standing on her feet all day. She thanked me, and I told her I was just doing the work of the angels, and she shook her head, and said, I can see your wings! You are an angel! Then I knew! I have wings on my back, and I'm here to tell you, it's no coincidence you happened to be standing here..."

Actually, it's a good point, I don't usually stand outside of the bank. That was odd.

"... you were out here for a reason, because you were looking for the will of God in your life. Well, I'm here to tell you, that you are a meek person, and the meek shall inherit the earth! God Bless You! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!"

This freaked me out quite a bit. I've been very nervous latly, I've heard all sorts of things about how the world could be falling apart. I was actually just telling Grandma on the way to the bank. "This world is going to fall into Chaos and only the hard working, or the very mean will survive, people like me, who don't really have anything to contribute and are too easy going to fight for resources, well, people like me aren't going to make it. Strange the way things go, but I guess it must be God's will for us."

Is there a chance he was walking behind us and heard our conversation? Maybe. But where was he hiding while I stood infront of the bank that whole time? And overall there was something about this man, I couldn't put my finger on it, he just wasn't like anyone I had ever met before. It's not that he was well spoken, but there seemed to be a ... power... in everything he said. Resonating from his speech, if that makes sense. Like the kind of person who could call down rain from heaven. He was also speaking in tongues.

Grandma came out at some point and I didn't notice. She told me later the way I was staring at him was like nothing she had ever seen before, like I was compleatly tranfixed. It worried her so she pulled me away.

As I was leaving, he said, "Don't worry, I have a message for you! Today is the start of your new life! Hallulajah! Praise the Lord!"

He also mentioned being sent here to make people happy, and I found, that after seeing him, I was smiling for a long time. That's also very unusual for me. It's common for me to fall into long periods of sadness that I can't seem to get out of. And talking to a stranger saying crazy things is surely not something that would normally cheer me up.

There was just something about him. I believed him. And it gave me hope.

I asked Grandma on the way home, "What if he really was an angel?"

"I don't know about that,"

"Many have entertained angels without knowing."

"Being hit by lightning and surviving doesn't make you an angel. So did your uncle, and he was no angel, I can promise you."

But she didn't get it, because she didn't talk to him.

He believed what he was saying, and I believed him.

What if I really met an angel today? What now?

I wanted to let you all know. Just in case.

God Bless You All.
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
well if he wasn't an angel you sure had an interesting day to say the least! :) I do believe in angels and believe they are among us. I would assume they would be more discreet though. :) Maybe not, I know I need a smack with a 2x4 to know when God is talking to me.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Are you human?: Yes!
An interesting story,
though I really doubt he was an angel,
namely because he didn't know he was an angel from the start, and he said he was born.
Regardless, it doesn't hurt for someone to bless you.

He sounds like a nice guy,
unless he was deliberately lieing to do a prank. *shrug*

Though hey, speaking of if the world falls apart,
as long as you trust in God, everything will be alright.
Psa 56:11
I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
What can mere mortals do to me?

Nah 1:7
The LORD is good,
a strong refuge when trouble comes.
He is close to those who trust in him.
There are several more verses too!
Like Matthew 6:25-34. :)
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
lilylilac
Noob
Noob
Thankyou for replying to me and giving me those wonderful verses, it's much appreciated!
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil.