Catholics, Anglicans and Muslims Join Forces...

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
...to eliminate modern day slavery.

Article

This is very inspiring!
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Very good to see people standing up against evil.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Definitely, and putting aside the divisions is itself a benefit that will reap rewards on top of whetever success is achieved toward their stated goal.

I'm hoping more world religions will get in on this.

(I'm looking at you, Salt Lake.)
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
zekesnack
1 more step towards the anti-christ's world religion...
Oh no you didn't!

“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” -Greg Anderson

This reminds me of Minecraft builds.

The Guild is here...
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
A group of organizations that are normally at each others' throats join up with a stated goal of eliminating slavery, and you see this as a sign of evil? O_o

Care to fill us in on that a little?
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
zekesnack
I believe that this is a great that these religions are willing to work together. The issue is that they will lose some of their individuality, this will make it easier for the anti-christ to get them to combine into one religion during the tribulation.
Oh no you didn't!

“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” -Greg Anderson

The Guild is here...
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Not sure how that would make them lose individuality...

The individual identity of religions isn't (or shouldn't be) based on conflict between them. If anything, it's uniting AGAINST evil.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
cjv
zekesnack wrote:1 more step towards the anti-christ's world religion...
Sigh.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
zekesnack wrote:I believe that this is a great that these religions are willing to work together. The issue is that they will lose some of their individuality, this will make it easier for the anti-christ to get them to combine into one religion during the tribulation.
The Book of Revelation is a little out there, and far too symbolic to be taken at face value, albeit it does explicitly mention uniting all faiths into one.

Personally, I'm betting on heat death for the end of the universe.
[Insert witty afterthought here]
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
First off, I agree that this is a good thing. Any time people are willing to set aside their differences and work together for the common good is a great thing IMO.
ArcticFox wrote:Not sure how that would make them lose individuality...

The individual identity of religions isn't (or shouldn't be) based on conflict between them. If anything, it's uniting AGAINST evil.
Agreed with what you said, but at the risk of derailing the thread, I have a question. Do Mormons interpret Revelation the same way so many protestants do (you know, Left Behind and all that stuff)? I ask out of pure curiosity.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Nah, our take on Revelation is fairly different. We don't hold to the idea of the Rapture the way Protestants do, for example.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
No.44-NewSeries-864-962
Noob
Noob
zekesnack wrote:I believe that this is a great that these religions are willing to work together. The issue is that they will lose some of their individuality, this will make it easier for the anti-christ to get them to combine into one religion during the tribulation.
Zekesnack, I find your comments in this thread to be quite thought-provoking.

You say that multiple religions uniting for a common cause will result in their losing some of their individuality, which will make it easier for the anti-Christ to convert them to a common religion during the tribulation (which I assume refers to the Great Tribulation referenced in Revelations).

This really gets me thinking. Since the rifts between religions are what keep our faith strong, we really shouldn't hope that everyone becomes converted to Christianity. If the world was united in Christ, there would be no more individuality! The anti-Christ could convert everyone with a single swipe of his evil palm.

So zekesnack, do you disagree with Christian proselytization on the principle that it will cause converts to lose some of their individuality, which would encourage their eternal doom?

-M
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Hello No.44-NewSeries-864-962,

I see your question, but you are missing a certain detail.
The Bible gives several warnings of the Anti Christ, and what things will take place when he comes, etc.
It also urges you to not fall for him when he comes.

This changes things a bit, no?

Regardless, I think things are getting a bit off topic.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
zekesnack
No.44-NewSeries-864-962 wrote: So zekesnack, do you disagree with Christian proselytization on the principle that it will cause converts to lose some of their individuality, which would encourage their eternal doom?

-M
I believe that it is necessary. I believe in a pre-tribulation rapture which means that anyone who is converted will be raptured out before the anti-Christ is ready to take a position of authority. However the issue would be that the religions work together enough to start seeing eachother as similar and eventually basicaly all the same.
JOJ650s wrote:Hello No.44-NewSeries-864-962,

I see your question, but you are missing a certain detail.
The Bible gives several warnings of the Anti Christ, and what things will take place when he comes, etc.
It also urges you to not fall for him when he comes.

This changes things a bit, no?
No. There is also a verse that says he will deceive many, in fact he is referred to as "the deceiver of nations" tribulation saints may have plenty of warning but many will still be deceived.
Oh no you didn't!

The Guild is here...
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
What is the basis for that? Which verses say that?
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested