Looking for a Christian catholic for discussion.

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
N1ghtBreak3r
Are you human?: Yes!
Looking for someone who is Catholic and Christian (these aren't always hand-in-hand if you follow) who is willing to enter into some deep discussions via PM with a Protestant Christian (me!) who has questions and wishes to understand more about your beliefs.

Let me say that this will be a discussion and not an attack more along the question and answer type dialogue. I'm not looking to prove or disprove anything but I will also be asking some tough and pointed questions.

If you are interested, send me a PM. if I get several responses I will narrow down the field to one or two people based on a preliminary Q&A.
N1ghtBreak3r
Got one reply - anyone else brave enough to answer some questions?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I was raised Catholic but haven't practiced it in 20 years...wow I'm getting old
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
N1ghtBreak3r wrote:Got one reply - anyone else brave enough to answer some questions?
Dude, you make it sound like you're fishing for someone to roast. I'm an atheist, are you brave enough to answer some of my questions over PM?
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
I'd be glad to discuss here in the thread. There's nothing that need remain private, and I'd be more than happy to converse with you on the topic.
[Insert witty afterthought here]
N1ghtBreak3r
Bruce, your response is exactly what I am trying to avoid and why I refuse to take it to a public forum. Please tell me, how could any practicing Athiest be able to discuss their catholic faith with me?

As far as your last question: if I could trust that I would have a civil, open minded discussion with you over PM than I would but everything I have ever seen from you tells me otherwise.

Scotch: the privacy is simply to keep it a two way conversation and to avoid trolls that like to slink around these forums and insert their negativity.

I am not trying to start a conflict here. Those are simply the terms of the discussion.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
N1ghtBreak3r wrote:but everything I have ever seen from you tells me otherwise.
I have to call you out on this. That is low.

You tout civil and open discussion, but you weave in insults. You talk about being open-minded, but you rule out what he can say because he's an Atheist. You don't get to hold the high ground when you talk like that to someone.

I'll vouch for Bruce. Better respect through honesty and openness than fake and false civility.

Sidethought: How can someone be a practicing atheist? What is there to practice? Is there some Atheist Scripture I never heard of? I might never get to Atheist heaven. Bruce, did you know about this?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wow that escalated quickly. If you and scotch want to do this publicly than create a new topic and it can be moderated if things get out of hand.