Gideon and my checkbook

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
So I'm doing this Bible study on Gideon at my church. It's no secret around here that my checkbook has been on a diet these last couple of months. The donations have come in handy and are much appreciated. (Thanks again everyone!) I'm at the part in the study where Gideon has too many soldiers and God tells him to cull the herd some more. Ironically this seems all too familiar with Jay's paychecks as of late. Beginning this year we had some anticipated deductions and some surprises. I knew about the $160 a month in life insurance coming out in 99 and 60 debits but the time and date seems to fluctuate a bit. Also with increased healthcare costs we have to make due with an additional $300 less a month. I feel that this is God's way of saying to rely on Him more and myself less.

Matthew 6:26-34 says it best
26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Xinori
Site Admin
Site Admin
Thanks for sharing this... it really blesses me. ^-^ Awesome what God is teaching you and able to pour out to others as well thought that bible study.
YT Channel XinoGamez | Design Agency Tinkering Owl | Blog BrimoKnight
Esssence
Noob
Noob
You are right that the Lord wants us to focus on Him and his provision for us.. and not panic at the financial crisis. We've faced so many, and the Lord always sees us through. I have to keep reminding myself to respond in faith not panic. Faith is what we believe before we see any answers.
Xinori
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amen Esssence! ^-^ hehe Just HAD to give u your first Awesome-ness point! ^-^ Blessings!
YT Channel XinoGamez | Design Agency Tinkering Owl | Blog BrimoKnight
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Jeremiah 29:11! :D
This is my signature