Ken Ham to debate Bill Nye on creationism

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
ArcticFox wrote:A little after debate commentary

http://liberallogic101.com/?p=7083
tl;dr: Evolutionists are stupid and I didn't watch the debate because evolution is a dumb and stupid religion (and liberals are dumb and stupid too, see my blog title).

EDIT: Sorry Arctic, nothing personal against you. Hope I didn't offend with my snark (aimed squarely at the link).
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Hey no problem, thanks for being aware though :)

Actually I only really posted that because earlier I was saying a faith vs. science debate is pointless, this guy is framing it as a faith vs. faith debate (which is equally pointless in its own way) which is just another perspective.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Yeah, I signed off after the first sentence. To it's credit, it let us know what it's about right up front, so I don't have to spend the time saturating my brain with stupid. I already have to drive on California roads.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
ArchAngel wrote:Yeah, I signed off after the first sentence. To it's credit, it let us know what it's about right up front, so I don't have to spend the time saturating my brain with stupid. I already have to drive on California roads.
Never been to California. Are the roads there reputable for being difficult to navigate?
[Insert witty afterthought here]
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
The drivers, in particular.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
That's because you don't drive a truck. I'm surrounded by terrible yankee drivers every day, but I just go where I want when I want and they get their little imports the heck out of my way.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
99% of truck drivers don't know how to drive their trucks, especially in snow. I can handle almost anything in my jeep Cherokee that idiots with lifted 4WD trucks think they can, but end up fishtailing and wiping out in a ditch next to the freeway.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Oh yeah it takes...practice. And a lot of error.

But I was talking on the road, most people see a big truck moving fast, they move aside.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
ohnolookout
VIP Member
VIP Member
Orodrist wrote:Oh yeah it takes...practice. And a lot of error.

But I was talking on the road, most people see a big truck moving fast, they move aside.
I don't. If I'm in the middle lane, or there's someone right in front of me in the left, I slow down to five under the speed limit.

Other driver's rage makes me gleeful. It's how I stay sane with these drivers in Florida.
Si ergo Filius vos liberaverit vere liberi eritis
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Yeah I mostly was referring to the seemingly endless cars with NY tags we have around here. Those yankees are pretty much gelded anyhow so they move aside pretty fast. Doesn't work on a southerner lol

But yeah, I've done the same, especially when you have some musclehead in a sports car weaving through traffic. Last time I did the guy came after me at a light with a tire iron....

ohnolookout
VIP Member
VIP Member
Orodrist wrote:Yeah I mostly was referring to the seemingly endless cars with NY tags we have around here. Those yankees are pretty much gelded anyhow so they move aside pretty fast. Doesn't work on a southerner lol

But yeah, I've done the same, especially when you have some musclehead in a sports car weaving through traffic. Last time I did the guy came after me at a light with a tire iron....
Dang. lol

Yeah, it seems to be mostly NY tags as well as Ontario tags. NY tags drive terrible, but Ontario tags just drive suuuuuper slow. In the fast lane.
Si ergo Filius vos liberaverit vere liberi eritis
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Orodrist wrote:Yeah I mostly was referring to the seemingly endless cars with NY tags we have around here. Those yankees are pretty much gelded anyhow so they move aside pretty fast. Doesn't work on a southerner lol

Haha, he wasn't familiar with your assorted blades and boomsticks. Well, beforehand, anyway
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I like Bill Nye, but he did appear to have had an oopsie there...

I don't think he lied, but that was a pretty big error.

Now, this article goes on to make a series of other claims that I'm not endorsing here, I just wanted to focus on that one item, so don't blow me up :wink:
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Right, I don't think he lied either, and I don't think it was a matter of ignorance, but just an non-elaborated point. You do get bioturbulence (this might not be the correct term, I'm spacing a bit) where life would dig down, or the soil erodes and re-settle. Out of place is a bit more qualified than simple layers, but how far can you go on technical detail in this sort of debate?

Glad you qualified on the article, too. I didn't take you for an Alex Jones man. ;)
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Heh I'd never heard of the guy before, but I have the same issue with him as I do anytime someone claims to be able to "win" a Faith vs. Science debate. To me it's such an utter non-sequitur (as I mentioned before) that just engaging in the debate loses points in my eyes.

<soapbox>
If you want to debate Evolution, debate Science vs. Science. If you want to debate Creationism, debate Faith vs. Faith.
</soapbox>
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens