"How I escaped the Mormon temple" (article)

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
brandon1984
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/201 ... paging=off" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I would advise against taking some of those assertions at face value... but I will decline to debate the matter. People who want to believe that stuff will, people who don't want to believe it won't.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I was surprised that protestants were the biggest converts. Assumed it would be non-believers, but then again I took it as an opinion/personal story piece mostly.
brandon1984
Gamer
Gamer
Agreed with Arctic that we should not take a claim like this at face value. We could find these kinds of personal testimonies for almost every belief including atheism and new age spiritualism and alien abduction, so ultimately one would have to weight the evidence for themselves.

I do, however, agree with the author's message even though she has way way more credibility than me in this area. Mormonism and Christianity agree that Christ is necessary for salvation, but Mormonism differentiates with Christianity on the sufficiency of Christ for salvation. Mormonism claims that we need more than Christ, we need Christ plus Joseph Smith's temple ordaninances. Of course Mormonism is not alone in this sort of debate, there are sects within Christianity that make similar sorts of claims about salvation.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
That was a pretty fun read! I liked it, thanks you. :D
This is my signature