Athiests not smarter than believers

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
http://mychristiandaily.com/index.php/u ... ot-exactly" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Probably biased but a good read
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I'd like to see the study itself, but I imagine the correlation is more based education and atheism than necessary intelligence. Intelligence, for one, is very difficult to quantify.

And to say this means you are stupid if you believe in God is, well, a stupid conjecture.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Mordock24
Noob
Noob
ArchAngel wrote:I'd like to see the study itself, but I imagine the correlation is more based education and atheism than necessary intelligence. Intelligence, for one, is very difficult to quantify.

And to say this means you are stupid if you believe in God is, well, a stupid conjecture.
Agreed

I thought this quote from the article was interesting:
"They(atheists) are also more likely to have analytical thinking styles, which other studies have shown undermine religious belief."

Its a sad day when Christians give up on studying science, or history, or our world just because they chalk it all up to needing faith. And to say that analytical thinking undermines religious beliefs just shows how lazy some "Christians" have gotten. I use my analytical thinking styles to show that there is a God. You just have to put in the effort to study the Bible and study our world.

I tell my youth group this all the time, you really need to know what you believe and why you believe it. Not just settle for the laziness of just believing something because your family or friends believe it.

1 Peter 3:15 "but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,"
"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:1-2
selderane
Gamer
Gamer
I'd argue that both extremes are equally dangerous for differing reasons... and they may even circle back on themselves.

The idiom, "Too clever by half" exists for a reason. Supreme confidence in ones mental faculties is fertile breeding ground for the twins pride and arrogance.

The supremely smart and the supremely stupid have one thing in common: They both know they're right.
Everything above this sentence is opinion and worth precisely what was paid for it.
Everything below this sentence is indisputable fact as verified by scientists, philosophers, scholars, clergy, and David Bowie.

If Star Wars: Destiny is a CCG, X-Wing is an LCG.