Pope Francis Says Atheists Who Do Good Are Redeemed

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Sstavix wrote: *cough*
Well played, brother.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
brandon1984
Gamer
Gamer
Paul was rather neutral toward baptism for the dead. It seems the only reason he used this point was because the Corinthians practiced it. Also, if John 3:5 really is the basis for this doctrine, why do no non-LDS groups practice this today? It makes me think the doctrine finds its true basis in the BOM.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
brandon1984 wrote:if John 3:5 really is the basis for this doctrine, why do no non-LDS groups practice this today?
I have an answer for that, but it would rather derail the thread ;)
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
New thread!
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
brandon1984
Gamer
Gamer
Since the making of this thread the Vatican has sent out a statementclarifying Pope Francis rendering the thread moot, so I call for a. . .

Thread evolution!!!
ConerJinkins123
Noob
Noob
hi. = ) I have been reading your discussion and all the replies. however the last one (and this is not to offend you at all of coarse) there is an error in the description. Matthew 7:21-23

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Jesus does care about what we do. if god leads you read 2peter 2 (all of chapter 2)

He wants us to repent from are sins, ask for his forgiveness, forgive those who sinned against us, forgive yourself of your sins (which can be hard at times), repent from your sins with Jesus's help, believe in Jesus Christ and his word, accepting him in your heart, growing in your relationship with him (and also so he may show you what he likes and wants, and what he despises and hates; so that we may repent from what he despises and and grow in our wisdom in him and his truth, and understand why he did and said the things he did and said in his word.), obeying him John 14:15,23 , denying yourself taking up your cross and follow him, and to love one another as he has loved you.

though I will admit sometimes its hard to know who is really speaking to you in your mind. (which is another reason why we read and listen to the word of god, and grow in our relationship with god) Thank Jesus that he thought of a solution to that problem. the verse 1John 4:1-6. he made a literal statement through paul. now sometimes its hard to hear god at times, but jesus did say seek me and you will find me. and also what ever you ask of the father in my name he shall give unto you. so don't give up seeking him. = ) also if you are uncertain of a voice that speaks to you of who it is or from, test it. Tell the spirit speaking to you this "if you are from Jesus then confess that Jesus Christ came down in the flesh" if they confess it as it is written, then they are from god, but if they don't or they can't say it, don't listen to it. plus 2 Corinthians 10:5 we can command our thoughts in Jesus name come under the obedience and captivity of Jesus Christ.

We are at a time where the word of god is going to be spoken against, but it is also a time where god is moving in many ways.

I hope Jesus Christ blesses you all, and that you all stay safe God willing. = )
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens