Does anyone still play guitar hero games?

DDR, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and other musical game discussions
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
_HappyPanda_
Noob
Noob
I love Guitar Hero
Revenant
Noob
Noob
I do play the odd Guitar Hero game every now and then, I'm rusty as... well.. insert your favourite curse word there.

It was a game I picked up quite quick, had mastered expert within about six hours of playing it, my friends always had me on vocals though, which is literally the easiest part.
s4sutler100
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
NO , not any more.
Wasted investment.
I have like a collection of plastic guitars on my wall, because I always bought the bundle.

Not many realize That Harmonix started Guitar hero and they made it better in Rockband and Activison just could not keep up.
Harmonix was divided as Redoctane for a bit but when activation took over not many people where happy.

My biggest gripe is why use the same engine when you never patched the bugs.

Metallica used the world Tour engine.
Vanhlen & 80's used Gh 5

Aerosmith used GH 3's.

And so forth.

There was a prototype accessory in the works for Guitar Hero.

a whah shaped contraption,

this would trigger star power or whammy, I for get which because I took that Idea and ran with it made my own.

Kinda worked but lagged.

Only because a phone cord is the worst at conducting not enough amps would have needed a way to step up the return amperage to support it my guess.

The only thing i do remember is that why did they implement a RJ11 on the Guitars?

Why not a mono 1/4 standard like for real?

Later from observation and theory kicked in.

Harmonics must have had the patent under Activation and production stopped when Activison and the Author broke up.

For Rockband two Harmonix made a similar device through Mad Cats for Rockband 2. It resembles the Big Muff stomp box.
Big Muff
Big Muff
f8c86c84066118606eec38c47704a46c[1].jpg (32.12 KiB) Viewed 7816 times
vs

All plastic RB guitars have them, a mono 3.5 or 2.5 audio jack,
Rockband
Rockband
68-998-054-01[1].jpg (27.26 KiB) Viewed 7816 times
My only guess is Harmonix is the company who sells the Big Muff.
s4sutler100
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Why master rhythm when you can't play a single note?
kiujazi
Rock Band > Guitar Hero

Except for Rock The 80s, I loved that one the most of all.
HighNoonGundam
Noob
Noob
GHTV sunset - https://support.activision.com/articles ... HTV-Sunset
We want to thank you for being valued fans and let you know that as of December 1, 2018, the GHTV mode within Guitar Hero Live will no longer be available to play. On that date, we will terminate the service for GHTV and servers will be shut down. Console versions of the GH Live mode will continue to operate as usual.

As of June 1, 2018, iOS versions of the Guitar Hero Live game for mobile will no longer be available for download via the app store. However, if you currently own the app and have it installed on your device, you can continue to play the GH Live mode on your installed device. Please note: if you update your iOS software, the app may no longer be supported.

Additionally, on June 1, 2018, all GHTV in-game purchases will be turned off. Players can continue to use their Hero Cash and items on hand until the GHTV sunset date of December 1, 2018.

Thank you for playing GHTV, and head to GH Live mode on console to continue to play.

Well, if you haven't had a chance to play GH Live yet, better hurry! You won't have much longer.
TheRealYlias
Noob
Noob
A long long time ago lol I still hear songs from it every now and then but my father didn't like the old school rock so he has them somewhere in his room XD