"So... how many Gigs in your AK?"

For threads that strayed off topic or never made sense in the first place.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Just came across an odd article. In Thailand, someone built a computer with a custom case design!

... It looks like an assault rifle!

Here's the article. Note - minor language warning! But the article includes pictures that were taken during the development of the computer, too. I imagine this took a lot of time....
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Wanting to shoot your computer now has an entirely different meaning...
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
interesting concept, not my style though
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ccgr wrote:interesting concept, not my style though
I agree with you there. I was thinking that it doesn't really fit well on a desktop... and with only 4 GB of RAM and a 250 GB hard drive, it's not exactly a gaming rig.... :lol:

There's even a trope for something like that - "Awesome, But Impractical."
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Sstavix wrote:
ccgr wrote:interesting concept, not my style though
I agree with you there. I was thinking that it doesn't really fit well on a desktop... and with only 4 GB of RAM and a 250 GB hard drive, it's not exactly a gaming rig.... :lol:

There's even a trope for something like that - "Awesome, But Impractical."

Not to sidetrack, but the comic strip on that page, depicting a Baneblade being destroyed outright and ending the battle, is a scenario I actually have experienced.

It was about 6 or 7 years ago. My friend came over for a Warhammer 40K game and brought, as part of his army, a Baneblade. It's a gigantic tank that is stuffed with guns ideally suited for eliminating infantry. Most of my Black Templars army is infantry and he brought it expecting an easy win. It wasn't all he brought... He also had a smallish Dark Angels army but the Baneblade was where he'd sunk most of his points.

Well, to bring a Baneblade meant we were using the Apocalypse rule set, which gave me access to an orbital bombardment...

Turn 1: Black Templars call in an orbital strike, targeting the Baneblade. Baneblade rolls poorly and takes a hit to its ammo magazine, causing an explosion that destroys the giant tank outright. Dark Angels concede the game, Black Templars victory.

Yeah.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
kittycathead
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Not likely
I got a 404 not found