The break room where things break: A work tale

For threads that strayed off topic or never made sense in the first place.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
This is a short one, but I thought it was pretty funny.

Our break room at work is pretty lame. Everything's got a very sterile feel to it. It's just kind of bleh. It does have two fridge/freezer combos, and several microwaves, so let it not be said that it is ill-equipped. It even used to have a coffee maker, but that's a bit of a story.

So the coffee maker was a Mr. Coffee, and it was never that great. It didn't need to be. I never drank anything from it (We have Seattle's Best Coffee vending machines, so of course I use those). One day, it broke. It started putting hot water in the pot, instead of coffee.

This is, of course, a problem. Engineers without coffee (well, ones who use it daily) don't work very well. An software engineer is often a machine for converting caffeine and/or sugar into code.

Naturally, we open a ticket for it. After waiting a few days, the coffee maker vanishes. Instead of a new coffee maker, we get a notice where it used to be: "Use the coffee maker in <break room other side of wing>. Eventually, someone just broke down and brought a Keurig from their house.

Now the TV's been acting up. Someone put a post-it note on the TV saying "A ticket has been put in for the TV". Then someone put the following note on the TV: "Sure... Because that worked so well for the coffee maker"
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Nice hehe, thanks for sharing