how I feel debating science at my college

For threads that strayed off topic or never made sense in the first place.
User avatar
zekesnack
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:08 am
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: The Last Best Place
Contact:

Re: how I feel debating science at my college

Post by zekesnack »

phe, you like high fives don't you. 8)
Oh no you didn't!

“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” -Greg Anderson

This reminds me of Minecraft builds.

The Guild is here...

User avatar
zekesnack
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:08 am
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: The Last Best Place
Contact:

Re: how I feel debating science at my college

Post by zekesnack »

lol why do all my post fall on the next page lol. :?
Oh no you didn't!

“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” -Greg Anderson

This reminds me of Minecraft builds.

The Guild is here...

User avatar
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Posts: 3289
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:00 am
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: the doomed ship HMS Sinkytowne
Contact:

Re: how I feel debating science at my college

Post by ChickenSoup »

LAVA89 wrote:
ArchAngel wrote: Let's just end this.
Did someone just call out all of the Math majors??

There needs to be a Math-signal, like the Bat signal. Maybe a giant QED?
For the record, QED used to be his signature :P
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested

User avatar
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4039
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Ignorance
Contact:

Re: how I feel debating science at my college

Post by Pheonix »

zekesnack wrote:lol why do all my post fall on the next page lol. :?
h4x
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.

User avatar
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Posts: 3539
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 12:00 am
Location: San Jose, CA
Contact:

Re: how I feel debating science at my college

Post by ArchAngel »

ChickenSoup wrote:
LAVA89 wrote:
ArchAngel wrote: Let's just end this.
Did someone just call out all of the Math majors??

There needs to be a Math-signal, like the Bat signal. Maybe a giant QED?
For the record, QED used to be his signature :P
You know. :)

I believe it still is on CDN, so maybe LAVA knew it.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim

User avatar
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7043
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:00 am
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Contact:

Re: how I feel debating science at my college

Post by Deepfreeze32 »

Ahh, and then we've got Computer science which simultaneously falls somewhere between physics and math, and yet doesn't appear on the graph at the same time.

Way to start a debate: Ask if Computer Science is a science. You get such polarizing answers....

User avatar
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Posts: 3539
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 12:00 am
Location: San Jose, CA
Contact:

Re: how I feel debating science at my college

Post by ArchAngel »

I don't really do any science with computers; I'm an engineer.

That being said I had some engineer majors scoff off CS as proper engineering, and I still haven't quite gotten over such a grave insult.

I think I hate them.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim

User avatar
baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 793
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:23 pm
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: In the mystical magical Bacon Dimension.
Contact:

Re: how I feel debating science at my college

Post by baconisgood23 »

Deepfreeze32 wrote:Ahh, and then we've got Computer science which simultaneously falls somewhere between physics and math, and yet doesn't appear on the graph at the same time.

Way to start a debate: Ask if Computer Science is a science. You get such polarizing answers....
I consider computer science a legitimate field of study. I don't know anything about it, but I still consider it a science.
Image

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should've been more specific." -Lily Tomlin

User avatar
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Posts: 4456
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:00 am
Location: In a place not unlike his own.
Contact:

Re: how I feel debating science at my college

Post by Drewsov »

ArchAngel wrote:I don't really do any science with computers; I'm an engineer.

That being said I had some engineer majors scoff off CS as proper engineering, and I still haven't quite gotten over such a grave insult.

I think I hate them.
Counter-Strike is definitely proper engineering.

Wait.

We were talking about Counter-Strike, right?
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...

Return to “Nonsense”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests