Musicians thread of DOOOOOOM.

Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Kendrik wrote:PS I am currently writing a rather ticked off lyric of an anti-love-song nature.

It could be freaking epic. O.o

I must hear this. o_o

Also, that song I mentioned in the "Last Song You Played" thread is....well, it's kinda hard to record since I wrote it in four or five distinct parts. I originally intended them to be separate, and they still could be, but meshing them into a medley makes the song one of those "I never want this to end" kind of things. I should probably add a solo in there and maybe a bridge. For some reason, I wrote a breakdown to lead into a bridge but I never wrote a bridge. XD

So yeah. That's my songwriting update for now.
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Deepfreeze32 wrote:I must hear this. o_o
You will in due time. It's not your typical VCVCBCC song, either. Kickin' butt? Yeah. I know the direction I wanna take the music, and the lyric is close to done.
Also, that song I mentioned in the "Last Song You Played" thread is....well, it's kinda hard to record since I wrote it in four or five distinct parts. I originally intended them to be separate, and they still could be, but meshing them into a medley makes the song one of those "I never want this to end" kind of things. I should probably add a solo in there and maybe a bridge. For some reason, I wrote a breakdown to lead into a bridge but I never wrote a bridge. XD
Someone's been listening to The End Complete. ;)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Kenny, I saw your lyrics in Deep's Ask thread. Those rule. :D I'm with him: must hear.

Also:
Deepfreeze32 wrote:
Have you tried Audacity?
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:Kenny, I saw your lyrics in Deep's Ask thread. Those rule. :D I'm with him: must hear.
You will... once I get it all ironed out and recorded.

I may or may not have multiple key modulations going on over the course of the song. It keeps the tone flowing. Additionally... it is seriously brooding... but in a haunting and good way.

Methinks you'll love it. It may be my best songwriter work yet (separate from my composer work).
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
It sounds epic.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Also, how can I fix the possible grounding issue? I've tried different cables to check, but it's still there.

It may be worth it...my amp has better tone and distortion than the RP90.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Chozon1 wrote:Have you tried Audacity?

That's not what I meant. What I meant is I can't decide if I want to mix it all into one giant track, or do several shorter tracks. XD
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:Also, how can I fix the possible grounding issue? I've tried different cables to check, but it's still there.

It may be worth it...my amp has better tone and distortion than the RP90.
It's not necessarily a cable issue (and likely isn't given your tests), but it's possibly an internal circuitry issue.

Without actually hearing the difference, I can't tell you for sure what the issue is. Still, that's my best guess.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I may try to get a recording up...it sounds like a feedback loop is quietly running underneath my recordings.

I seem to be unable to cut it out using audacity as well. XD
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
So after some consideration and listening to various stuff, I have decided that my rather simplistic riffs would be best suited to Symphonic Metal rather than straight-up metal.

I just need a sequencer and a Keyboard. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Don't we all.

Point being, symphonic metal get's my vote for awesomeness anyway.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
So in deciding to practice Orchestral synthesis, I am writing a short....symphony, I guess? I'll try and upload it when I finish it, but I think I may have ripped off some other score. I just can't for the life of me remember which. XD
Kendrik
CCGR addict
I'm writing a symphony in C. /Cake

Also, I am an opera singer. /Also Cake
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I think I figured something out earlier. It's been my dream, since I picked up the guitar two years ago, to be able to play a face melting solo. Recently, I've chalked this up to arrogance and such. Meaning, I wanted to awe people and rub their faces in their melted faces. And so frowned upon the idea.

Earlier tonight, I realized that's not it...at least, that's not all of it. I want to learn and play a face melting solo so that I know the practice has paid off, and I haven't been wasting time. I know that music is more than solo's...but it's like a skateboarder who is called upon to rip his best trick, only to realize his best trick is a tic-tac. I don't want this to happen to me. I need a 1080 in my bag so that, if I'm called upon, I can demonstrate that I've worked, I've tried. I haven't been playing around.

So yeah. Stuff. Melting faces is just a perk.
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Uhm.

I had an amazing idea earlier.

Select individuals have heard of it.

More soon.

It will blow your minds.

Then put them back together.

Only to blow them apart again.