Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
darksmokepuncher
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Yea, practice practice practice.
I've been playing violin for 10 years. Man, practicing does influence your skill level a ton.
And I would recommend trying new types of music. Often times, different genres challenge you in a wide variety of differing ways.
Lord help me live with complete reckless abandonment in pursuit of our living Lord Jesus Christ.
-=die2live=-
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I'd very much agree. It's important to mix things up when you practice. You get diminishing margins of return on doing the same thing over and over.

Violin for 10 years? That's pretty great. Do you play any other instruments, too?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ejboy7
Noob
Noob
I am learning the violin as I've mentioned before, but with that instruction, I am also learning to compose music to play on the violin. Today, my instructor challenged me to compose music to be accompanied by guitar. It was a bit of a challenge at first, but then I did it. I've got the guitar side of it down pat, now I have to practice the violin part more. I figure that if I record myself playing my guitar, I can then practice with "myself".
ejboy7
Noob
Noob
With that piece of music I composed... Now, my mom sets her keyboard to a violin setting and plays while I play my guitar. We all agree that it sounds great!