Total votes: 42
Fred1000000
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
ChickenSoup wrote:
Fred1000000 wrote:That's not filth. I can say some TRUE filth if you want! :D
XD that made my day... merry Christmas fred :P
And a happy New Year to you!

For a nicer subject swing, how about we talk about some of these bands that stand on the line of secular and Christian music? CROSSOVER BANDS! That's right, I'm talking about Flyleaf! P.O.D! Relient K! Any of them! Those are some of the coolest, I think.
Current Kudos: 135
Cool Points: 2
Awards: Most Crazy Batcrap Insane Poster
CountKrazy
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
Adam wrote:
Lazarus wrote:"respectfully"(the one word worth replying to...)

All I can say is, HAH! :roll:
And you think your post is...?

Why don't you just not comment on my posts. You obviously can't do it properly. It would probably be best if you ignored me all together, for both of us.

Maybe these posts with issues, instead of bad words are left up for us to practice Christian responses - which I know that I didn't, sarcasm is cutting - Adam, even though you thought it was funny, some people don't really like that gross of humor. I'm fine with flinging unused tampons, soaked in tap water onto skylights or windows, but seriously, that story was just gross - nearly everything about Woodstock was gross. And it would be nice if you do not describe these super gross humorous stories in detail - Thanks.

Ooooops!!! This is Kenley.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Adam, I ask that you do not speak to me like that again. Once again, if you have problems with what I do, PM me.

If I find a problem with something that you post, I will edit it. Laz was right in this case. Your posts were repulsive and inappropriate for a family oriented, Christian web site.

If this discussion, which is completely off topic, is continued past this post in any way, then there will be action taken. PM me if you want to discuss it further.

In addition, please do not speak to other members like you have been doing. No one is provoking you or doing anything off color to you. All that's needed is that you treat all members with respect, as is stated in the forum rules.

Thanks.

--iamscott
Last edited by Drewsov on Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Fred1000000
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Lazarus was right?

PARADOX!
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Fred1000000 wrote:
ChickenSoup wrote:
Fred1000000 wrote:That's not filth. I can say some TRUE filth if you want! :D
XD that made my day... merry Christmas fred :P
And a happy New Year to you!

For a nicer subject swing, how about we talk about some of these bands that stand on the line of secular and Christian music? CROSSOVER BANDS! That's right, I'm talking about Flyleaf! P.O.D! Relient K! Any of them! Those are some of the coolest, I think.
POD is not a Christian band. Just so you know.

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Fred1000000
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Weird, I heard them on a Christian station once. And their album "Testify" has a lot of Christian messages, like some of Creed's stuff.
Last edited by Fred1000000 on Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
iamscott wrote:
Fred1000000 wrote: For a nicer subject swing, how about we talk about some of these bands that stand on the line of secular and Christian music? CROSSOVER BANDS! That's right, I'm talking about Flyleaf! P.O.D! Relient K! Any of them! Those are some of the coolest, I think.
POD is not a Christian band. Just so you know.
I'm not sure what grounds you have for that. Check the lyrics for their song, 'Set Your Eyes to Zion.'
Drewsov
CCGR addict
I'm familiar with POD. I own three of their albums, actually.

I'm just saying, they mix Rastafarianism (phrases like Jah, Lion of Judah, I and I...) and Christianity. And say that reggae music is 95% scripture, when Rastas believe that Jesus Christ was a false god, and that the Messiah is still to come.

Tell me that's Christian.

TripExistence
donkey
No, you're right, it's definitely not.

I am familiar with the claims of Rastafarianism, and I'm not sure what to make of it. I checked out the band's Wikipedia page, and it blatantly states that they're Christian, and that Sonny Sandoval converted to Christianity after his mom's illness, but I'm not sure if that makes any difference.
Fred1000000
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
You edited that. >.>
CountKrazy
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
CountKrazy wrote:
Adam wrote:
Lazarus wrote:"respectfully"(the one word worth replying to...)

All I can say is, HAH! :roll:
And you think your post is...?

Why don't you just not comment on my posts. You obviously can't do it properly. It would probably be best if you ignored me all together, for both of us.

Maybe these posts with issues, instead of bad words are left up for us to practice Christian responses - which I know that I didn't, sarcasm is cutting - Adam, even though you thought it was funny, some people don't really like that gross of humor. I'm fine with flinging unused tampons, soaked in tap water onto skylights or windows, but seriously, that story was just gross - nearly everything about Woodstock was gross. And it would be nice if you do not describe these super gross humorous stories in detail - Thanks.

Ooooops!!! This is Kenley.
Well, that was my sister. Yes, that's her name; I suppose she kinda spaced out. :wink: After all, my family is full of space cadets...

I suppose that you could say that I mostly listen to secular, seeing as the movie scores I listen to aren't Christian. Lyrically, the majority is Christian music, but I still listen to secular. I'm careful about what I listen to with secular, though.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Trudogger wrote:No, you're right, it's definitely not.

I am familiar with the claims of Rastafarianism, and I'm not sure what to make of it. I checked out the band's Wikipedia page, and it blatantly states that they're Christian, and that Sonny Sandoval converted to Christianity after his mom's illness, but I'm not sure if that makes any difference.
Wikipedia is not always the best of sources. It can be changed to allow for biased opinions on anything.

I found quotes from some interviews. Do a google search, "POD and Rastafarianism," you should find what you need.

Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
secular music + fail = christian music.

I'm never heard a Christian band that wasn't basically a lamer version of a similar secular act.
Brokan Mok

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek . . . to be understood, as to understand.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Well, you're listening to the wrong ones then.

There are some Christian bands like that, to be sure. But when you have bands being accepted into the hardcore scene, practically starting the metalcore scene, and a guy that's touring with Paul Oakenfold... well, then you can see what the breadth of Christian music can really be. (Those acts, by the way, are Demon Hunter, Zao, and Andy Hunter, respectively.)

TripExistence
donkey
I did what you said scott, and found this laughable website:

http://www.av1611.org/crock/pod_conf.html

They do make some points, and they have some interesting quotes to work from, but I believe it is these kinds of things that make P.O.D. not be open about their faith. They're under so much scrutiny from both the Christian and secular markets. Now, I can't say I'm the biggest fan, I only have their 1999 album 'Fundamental Elements of Southtown,' but I think I can say for myself that even though the messages aren't always clear, P.O.D. is more a force for good than a force for evil, Rastafarian undertones aside.

Say what you will, but this is the stance I'm taking.