Last CD/Digital Album You Bought?

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
...Why the freak could you have not posted that when I had money on Saturday? XD
Strider
CCGR addict
Sorry, man. :P But when you get some money again, I highly recommend getting Leveler (in case I didn't already say that.) XD
Government is another way of saying "better than you."
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Nice. I nearly bought "the Messengers" but didn't because I wanted Galactic Conquest.

But I keep it in mah head. I'm supposed to do a job tomorrow. >_>
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Double post. Did jaerb.

But I didna get "Leveler". I went into Lifeway with a coupon, and actually had it in my hand. And then I was like "Oh wut. The Chariot anthology you say?" :D

So I got:

Before there Was<--The Chariot
Audio/Visual<--Bleach.

Lifeway had more CD's on sale. And Before There Was has "Everything is alive, everything is breathing, nothing is dead and nothing is bleeding", "The Fiancée", and "Wars and rumors of wars". So I got them all for around $16.
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues

So excited, can't wait to listen.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Awake---Dream Theater.

Finally. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Moar sale sand moar cash have allowed me to srsly update my CD collection this summer.

"Five score and Seven years Ago"<--Relient K (surprised Lifeway had this in stock. Glad, but surprised. Deathbed is one of the deeper songs I've ever heard.)
"Astronomy"<--Bleach (They sound like Audio Adrenaline...I couldn't help mahself. :D )
"Say No More"<--House of Heroes (They tend to do odd things, musically; haven't gotten to listen to this yet, but I am excited.)

All for 12 bucks. The RK CD being the bulk of that. Bleach and HoH were $.69. :D
epsons
VIP Member
VIP Member
"These Hopeful Machines" - BT
"I tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose."
Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
The last CD I bought was Wavering Radiant by Isis.
Deepfreeze32 wrote:Awake---Dream Theater.

Finally. XD
That's a good album. It's really one of the last ones they did where the songs were actually songs and not just nine-minute instrumental ego explosions with a verse and a chorus haphazardly glued to the ends. Don't get me wrong, I love DT's nine-minute instrumental ego explosions, but sometimes I wish there was more of a balance. Awake has a great balance. Also, there are some really unusual songs for them on that album. There isn't another song like "Space Dye Vest" in their entire catalog.
TripExistence wrote:Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues

So excited, can't wait to listen.
I'm seeing them later this week.
Brokan Mok

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek . . . to be understood, as to understand.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Deus Ex: Human Revolution sound track
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
I just got:

Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV Vol. 1: From Fear Through Eyes of Madness and Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV Vol. 2: No World for Tomorrow by Coheed and Cambria

SO PSYCHED
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
Bought a couple lately...

Dream Theater: A Dramatic Turn of Events. Mike Portnoy leaving the band and the title might make you think this is going to be a step in a new direction for DT, but it's really not. The only real change is that the album doesn't try quite so hard to be heavy as the last two albums. It's a return to what they've been doing for most of their career, with all that entails. To be honest, I think their schtick has gotten stale. In my opinion, they are hands down the most impressive group of instrumentalists in the rock genre. Each individual might not be the best at their instrument ever (though they are close), but in terms of average skill across the members and their ability to play together as a band, I've really never heard anything like them. That said, they have not used their talent to do anything new in ten years. If this is your first DT album, some of the crazy stuff they do might blow your mind. But if you've listened to each of their albums repeatedly like I have, this one is a boringly generic effort for them. 4/10.

Opeth: Heritage. Now this is a band that knows how to avoid becoming stale. Literally every one of their albums have sounded very different from all of the others. For the most part, they are vaguely a death metal band, but they've let themselves freely drift out of that category whenever a song calls for it. With this album, they've completely abandoned metal, let alone death metal. Some of these songs are barely rock and roll, and are more like meandering sequences of unrelated musical moments. These guys keep it interesting, for sure. 9/10.

St. Vincent: Strange Mercy. I have only listened to this album once, but so far I really like it.
Brokan Mok

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek . . . to be understood, as to understand.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
The Hunter - Mastodon

Weird... more mainstream than their previous work, but also more prog. Pretty good, and some insane riffs.

Neighborhoods - Blink-182

I love it. XD

Codes and Keys - Death Cab for Cutie

Honestly? It's my favorite Death Cab album since Transatlanticism. Which is very good.

Hot Sauce Committee, Part Two - Beastie Boys

A much stronger album than their last, which was pretty amazing. So, yeah, I love it.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
Just bought Codes and Keys today, giving it my first listen right now.
Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Rehab Deluxe Edition - Lecrae
Man Up - 116 Clique