Star Wars - a Rip-Off from the Holy Bible!

Max the Ax
Noob
Noob
The other day I was watching the latest trailer for Star Wars - The Force Awakens. Something did not sit right with me about this, so I decided to do some research, this is what I found:

http://maxtheax.com/star-wars-the-bigge ... story-ever
Spiritual Warfare with Computer Games - http://maxtheax.com
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Interesting read, never considered Chewbacca as a Nazarite ;)

Anakin's conception did strike me as odd when I saw the movies
Max the Ax
Noob
Noob
I believe that the real issue is with the latest movie - what will be the hidden subliminal messages - will it be used to help usher in the "son of perdition" ? We know that Disney embeds a lot of things into their movies.

A lot of the hidden themes tie back to getting a "son"

The massive insanely loyal following that Star Wars has built up over the decades will be the best way to send out such a message. Keep your eyes open, and PRAY. I believe that the anti-Christ is on the way.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
the Star Wars movies have always been very new agey with all of the references to the force etc
Max the Ax
Noob
Noob
Agreed. Have a blessed weekend.
Superstars111
Noob
Noob
Interesting (and somewhat amusing) read. I can't say that I entirely agree, for a number of reasons, but let me start off with a joke I've heard.
So in English class we had to draw a scene from The Great Gatsby. After the drawings were done the teacher was showing them to the class, and one drawing was a pic of Gatsby reaching towards at the green light, but in the drawing Gatsby didn’t have hands. So my teacher starts saying something like how this picture has hidden meaning and portrays the helplessness Gatsby feels, and the kid next to me just casually says “I can’t draw hands.”
Let's start with the name, Star Wars. I think this is likely a reference to the fact that this war takes place... wait for it... among the stars. :P
If we look at Anakin, the Chosen One, we see that in the end, he actually is the Chosen One who throws down the the emperor.
In addition, I believe I've heard that Luke is a reference not to Luke from the Bible, but rather to Lukas.
Anakin being conceived without a father is a bit easier to see as being taken from the Bible, since it's a bit more obvious of a reference (if it is a reference), but within the movies, it's explained (indirectly, but is generally accepted as canon) that Darth Plagueis manipulated the midichlorians to "create life."

Now, I haven't studied the "behind-the-scenes" aspects of Star Wars, so I don't know all the details, but in general, this seems a bit far-fetched. That is to say, I can't prove that it isn't true, but I doubt that you could prove it true either. It seems a bit too deep. Would George really look this far into it?

In my writing class, my writing teacher talked about stories quite a bit (as I'm sure you can imagine, seeing as how he was, after all, a writing teacher). I don't remember whether or not he referenced Ecclesiastes directly or not (he's a Christian, so it's possible) but he definitely talked about the idea of there being nothing new. Really, when we tell stories, we're just mixing the same old elements of a story together in a different way- or, sometimes, in the same way. Thus, any story will take inspiration from someplace or another, or will be similar to some other story. And, seeing as how God is the ultimate Writer, the Author of our very existence, it seems like stories would tend to contain elements from His creation. We write what we know, and indeed, what we know comes from the Lord. We know of love, righteousness, justice, purity, and all good things because of Him. So it makes sense that you could trace back elements of a story to the Bible. Similarly, we live in a fallen world. We see betrayal, malice, death, misery, and put these into our stories as elements to be overcome. We see our Great Designer, and like children, we desire to be like Him. We see what He does, and we copy Him. Those of us who are His children seek to be like Christ. Those who rebel wish instead to take His place. But in either case, you can always trace back to the Bible.

Of course, there are other aspects that are a bit more unrealistic to trace. For example, the main character in the novel I'm writing is named Alex. I picked it because my main character needed a name. It's also a reference to The Door Within Trilogy- the series that helped me realize that I wanted to be a writer. The main character's name is Aidan. So I picked a name that starts with A. But what if people thought I were referencing Alex the Lion, from the Madagascar movies? After all, both characters are stranded far from home and are trying to get back. And to be honest, that's a more solid connection than starting with the letter A.
As it turns out, I hate the Madagascar movies. I thought of that connection just now, on the spot, and now I'm wondering if I should change Alex's name. But you can still make ties. You can make ties anywhere, with anything, if you know where to look, as illustrated in the joke above that relates to The Great Gatsby.
Now, let's say, for the sake of example, that Chewbacca actually is a reference to Samson. What would that accomplish? Would it plant subliminal messages in our mind to make us hate the Bible? I don't think so. I think it would just be a cool reference. For example, I have three characters in my novel named Aristotle, Plato, and Socrates. In passing, they mention another character named Herakles (the Greek version of Hercules). In fact, Greek is a major part of my story. But that doesn't mean that I think Socrates was always wise and we should trust what he says, even if he is my mentor character. I just thought it would be a cool reference.

Now, I'm not saying that Star Wars doesn't have a deeper intent behind it than just the story itself. After all, every story has some type of message or moral that the author is trying to get across, and with any story (particularly stories by non-Christians) we do have to be careful. As was already mentioned, Star Wars has always been rather new age. The Jedi version of meditation would be closer to the type from eastern mysticism, trying to bring balance, rather than the Christian form of meditation. There are a lot of things you can point to in Star Wars that show what the writer was trying to get across. But at the same time, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that George Lukas was intentionally going to the Bible for inspiration and then twisting it around. If you go too deep into something, the readers (or in this case, viewers) will almost certainly never find it, which kind of defeats the purpose of a hidden message.
Bergkampdude
Noob
Noob
Maybe it sounds shallow but I think that eventhough the storyline may be based on parts of the bible, I like to enjoy the movies as they are.
It is not like they are clearly stating things about the bible or God.
If you want you can say something about many movies in relation to the bible.

When watching the movies I am entertained and definately not affended of distracted by some correlation with the bible or my faith.