Hunger Games: Catching Fire

cvhack
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
I was fortunate enough to watch this last night (work rented some theatres and had an employee pre-screening), and it was awesome.

Compared to the first movie, it all seemed improved. Just in a general sense, not that anything stood out to me as so much better than the first.

As far as sticking to the books, I thought the first did a good job, and the second continued that quite well. As I mentioned to a couple coworkers, these movies are some of the best adaptations that I have seen in that regard. There were of course parts missing from the movie due to time constraints, and I noticed one or two things that could have been included but were not. Overall though, nothing major missing, or worth complaining about, and I left quite impressed with it. (In fairness, I could reread the book now and probably notice more, but it was great regardless)

I'm curious if anyone is going to see it, and/or their thoughts afterwards.
mebmatt
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
I went to see it last night, I really enjoyed it. I would definitely recommend it.
I tried being normal once. Worst five minutes of my life.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Honestly, I was not thrilled with that movie. It was so intense.

Always during the movie there is a sense of death and sadness, there is no where in the movie where I laughed, it is dead serious the entire time.
The movie is just so tense and full of sad things all the time that when it was finished I actually walked away feeling quite stressed out.
Now don't get me wrong, I liked the idea, however the setting, I really did not like. It's just too much of a tense and stress filled movie. I think I would watch it again, but in my own home, where I can start and stop it whenever I please.

Thank you. :)
This is my signature
blacksinow
Isn't Hunger Games that movie where they make children fight to the death and it's a blatant copy of Running Man?
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
No it's the one where they make kids fight and is a blatant copy of Battle Royale.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
blacksinow
Same thing, different character-types.