Gravity - You Should See It

selderane
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
I wasn't sure of what the think of Gravity when I saw the trailer. I didn't know what I was looking at. Still, I stuck at the back on my head as something I should look out for. Then I read IGN's glowing review and knew I had to catch it. It also didn't hurt that a reviewer in You Tube I followed has equally glowing things to say.

In short, it's a disaster movie in space. But the stakes are so much higher and more interesting. It's even heightened by the faithfulness to zero-g environment and lack of sound. The only things you hear for 95% of the film are what the character itself could actually hear, which makes seeing a space station get obliterated in absolute silence all the more unsettling.

What this silence allows, however, is the score to sit a bit further forward than it might. And it's really quite wonderful. I ordered a copy of it on my way out of the theater.

The film is PG-13 for violence, some strong language, and a little gore (there's a few floating dead bodies). But, really, I don't think kids over 10 will have problems with it. Especially if they're okay with any of the Transformer films.

But, really, it's a great film, and we haven't seen its like in a long time, if ever. Try to catch it in 3D if you can, it's really effective, and I hate 3D.
Everything above this sentence is opinion and worth precisely what was paid for it.
Everything below this sentence is indisputable fact as verified by scientists, philosophers, scholars, clergy, and David Bowie.

If Star Wars: Destiny is a CCG, X-Wing is an LCG.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'll be sure to add ti to my netflix queue (we don't get out much)
TheWampaKing
VIP Member
VIP Member
So dizzying. SO DIZZYING
"When the world flips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall"
"IT'S LIKE GIBBERISH ONLY IT'S IN PRINT." - DeadManReedeemed
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Moar liek

"angular momentum lul"

It's funny, Neil deGrasse Tyson tweeted like 12 times about the inconsistencies with reality (later clarifying that he didn't find the movie unenjoyable, but just found it hard not to nitpick) such as the oddity of the ISS being within the same orbit as communication sattelites
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
mebmatt
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Really want to see it, going to try to go see it within the next few days.
I tried being normal once. Worst five minutes of my life.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
ChickenSoup wrote: It's funny, Neil deGrasse Tyson tweeted like 12 times about the inconsistencies with reality (later clarifying that he didn't find the movie unenjoyable, but just found it hard not to nitpick) such as the oddity of the ISS being within the same orbit as communication sattelites
You really have to expect that sort of thing. I hope it wasn't that he was actually surprised by that.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Celuan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttzIUawKCi4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WARNING: Some of this channel's uploads may be considered inappropriate.

Maybe?
KIRBY DANCE!!!
(<-_-<) (^-_-^) (>-_->)
TheWampaKing
VIP Member
VIP Member
Watched it again on my computer without the dizzying 3d to see what I really thought of it. Anyway, yeah I hate this movie. Not very well written, not much story and a not very likeable main character.
"When the world flips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall"
"IT'S LIKE GIBBERISH ONLY IT'S IN PRINT." - DeadManReedeemed
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Everything Wrong With Gravity - With Neil deGrasse Tyson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzE6bKIKK3A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some language
Bergkampdude
Noob
Noob
The concept of movies in space is something I like a lot but I did not expect there to be so little storyline.
Good acting and great setting but it definately lacks a storyline and therefore there is not much happening...