What was the last movie you watched?

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Super Buddies (comes out next week)

The buddies are back and this time they're in for a galactic adventure! While my family hasn't seen the previous Disney Buddies movies, my kids quickly fell in love with the talking puppies. The movie begins with Budderball's owner, Bartleby, celebrating his 12th birthday with his friends and grandfather (John Ratzenberger). While on a treasure hunt, the puppies stumble upon some rings that give them mysterious powers. Eerily similar to some rings mentioned in the Captain Canine comics. Could this series be based on actual events? Real or not, the puppies learn some very important lessons including helping those in need despite how you feel about them, and that you don't need super powers to be a hero. While those lessons are praise worthy, Super Buddies does portray the town's sheriff as a bumbling fool and there are some references to Buddhism. There is plenty of humor and silliness that my kids enjoyed and the action kept them at the edge of their seats. While I found the movie a bit over the top, my kids enjoyed it quite a bit. I guess we'll have to catch up on the previous Buddies movies we've missed.
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
Struck By Lightning - A few interesting moments (and respectable actors) that mostly get lost in a muddle of smug self-importance.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
The Emperor's New Groove. One of my personal favorites. It's awesome! =D
This is my signature
selderane
Gamer
Gamer
Riddick. Better than I expected. The first act is even strangely touching.
Everything above this sentence is opinion and worth precisely what was paid for it.
Everything below this sentence is indisputable fact as verified by scientists, philosophers, scholars, clergy, and David Bowie.

If Star Wars: Destiny is a CCG, X-Wing is an LCG.
LAVA89
RedPlums wrote:The Emperor's New Groove. One of my personal favorites. It's awesome! =D
Yes! Awesome movie.

One of those few animated movies that's truly a comedy.
LegoFan560
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Batman Begins
@Cheryl: Thanks for a wonderful community. It is a pleasure and honor to be a part of it.

"Well then, carry on chaps."
-Deepfreeze32

"it's not malware guys it's linux ;)"
-ccgr

"Go play outside. That's what I'm going to do now."
-ccgr
Dutch_Scream
Noob
Noob
The last movie i've seen was The Road.. Ugh, that story ♥
oregorn1997
Gamer
Gamer
Location: CreeperVille Kansas (actually I live in Florida, but I thought that sounded better)
The last movie I watched was Star Trek: Into Darkness.
I am the Slayer... Of creepers... maybe a skele or two... and occasionally a zombie...

Anyone want some gunpowder?
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
Dutch_Scream wrote:The last movie i've seen was The Road.. Ugh, that story ♥
You should read the book. The movie is a fairly faithful/well-done adaptation but it doesn't quite hit as hard the gut-wrench that is that story. Cormac McCarthy is a master of using violence to suit his literary needs.

The last movie I watched was a decent portion of Dredd. I ended up falling asleep but from what I saw it was a little overblown with the visual effects, but everything else kept it simply, entertaining, and absolutely brutal.
TheWampaKing
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kick-A** 2

I really liked it. It was definitely more straight up comedy instead of the first one. Jim Carrey was great. I wished they would have used him more.

Elysium

It was good. Maybe not quite as good as district 9 but it's still nice to have a sci-fi movie with a good story.

Wedding Crashers

Eh it was ok. I really expected it to be funnier based off of the reviews and what people have told me. I thought The Internship was funnier.
"When the world flips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall"
"IT'S LIKE GIBBERISH ONLY IT'S IN PRINT." - DeadManReedeemed
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Dredd, I enjoyed it, then again I also enjoyed the original too (have that on VHS)
baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
The Hobbit. For a bunch of reasons, I had not been able to watch it until now. It's actually really good! Apparently, they're going to make two others. Hope they come out soon! :mrgreen:

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should've been more specific." -Lily Tomlin
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
The Dark Knight

Rewatching it with my family. So good.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Get Smart,

It's hilarious! :lol:
This is my signature
oregorn1997
Gamer
Gamer
Location: CreeperVille Kansas (actually I live in Florida, but I thought that sounded better)
After Earth. It was ok, the acting was a bit questionable.
I am the Slayer... Of creepers... maybe a skele or two... and occasionally a zombie...

Anyone want some gunpowder?