What was the last movie you watched?

Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Okay, I've been on a documentary binge lately... so sue me.

Hell House - A documentary about a church in the Dallas area putting on a Hell House; basically a haunted house meets a church service (I'm sure most of you are familiar). The director was very objective... you're never under the impression that he's edited the film to make anyone look bad, and he lets the people speak for themselves. For me, it brought back memories of the AoG church I grew up in; many of the people in the film were exactly like some of the people I knew there. I'm sure for people who didn't grow up in a charismatic church it will be interesting, and maybe even frightening. Although it drags a little towards the middle, it's a good watch. B+

Crazy Love - A boring documentary about some schmuck in the 50's who gets obsessed with a girl and hires some guys to throw lye in her face after she breaks up with him. The thing runs for an hour and a half, which is really an hour too long... it could have been an interesting 20 or 30 minute segment on 20/20 or something. As it was... *yawns* - C-
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
Location: Dillon, Texas, helping Landry practice his field goal kicks.
Man on Fire.

One of my favorite films of all time, and to watch it again was bliss.

A

Oh, I'm an Obibear. Yes, I'm an Obibear. I'm a yummy tummy funny lucky Obibear.

I'm a jelly bear. Cuz I'm an Obibear. I'm a movin' grovin' jammin' singin' Obibear.
CountKrazy
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
Man on Fire! :D Yesssss.

The Sixth Sense

My. Word. Besides Unbreakable, this is Shyamalan's greatest. The acting was just excellent, and the story was incredible.

I give this a resounding... A+
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
A Gunfighters Pledge.

Hallmark movie with my Mom and Dad. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be, and it was actually enjoyable. My only complaint was that it never felt like a western.

B.
Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
Meet Joe Black

Very fun and enjoyable story with excellent acting all around. Brad Pitt and his blonde hair. :lol: I really did enjoy this movie and added it my favorites list, though it wasn't quite 'great' enough to rank very high on it. One of the best "good" movies I've ever seen.

B+

I'm a jelly bear. Cuz I'm an Obibear. I'm a movin' grovin' jammin' singin' Obibear.
USoldier_Gal
Hancock
I am His Possesion .. He is my Obsession
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
watched King of Kong instantly on my flix. Man that Billy Mitchell guy was a jerk!
Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
Wanted

I finally got around to seeing this, a film that I had very high hopes for, especially given the reviews it has received and how well friends have liked it. Well...what do you know? I didn't care it. :lol: The action as top notch, I won't deny that. But ripped off of Fight Club and the Matrix far too much. To the point where I couldn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to.

Awesome action, crappy attempt to bring about a message.

C+

Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
esophagus wrote:And Crystal Skull rocked?

*sigh*
*sigh*

Yes, it did.

Drewsov
CCGR addict
Jay and Silent Bob is a lot funnier after you've seen all of the other Kevin Smith movies. Just the same, I agree. It's not Kevin Smith good.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Wall-E

My 2nd favorite Pixar movie and one of my all time favorite movies. It reminded me of old Pixar. It was really creative.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
Smaug317
I am Legend

7.5/10

The Bridge to Terrebithia:

Ummm/10

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action."
SunShine
Noob
Noob
Location: With the outrageously handsome, amazing, ginormously fantabulous Obigone
August Rush

Freddie Highmore has to be one of the most talented actors I've seen. I've tried to watch most of his movies, and they all have me gaping at the end at his magnificent performance. In August Rush, you can see all the wheels buzzing around in his head. And Robin Williams is pure evil. Yikes.

The soundtrack is amazing, blending the classical cello with soft rock ballads beautifully.

It's really a great story that illustrates just how much music can impact our lives.
Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
Dude. Phillip Seymour Hoffman's acting blows my mind. :shock:

Every single film I have seen him in, he has been nothing short of perfection.

Fred1000000
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
The Simpsons Movie, then Josie and the Pussycats, and then Meet the Robinsons.

I officially have died completely inside.
Current Kudos: 135
Cool Points: 2
Awards: Most Crazy Batcrap Insane Poster