What was the last movie you watched?

Adam
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
USoldier_Gal wrote:Well Adam... I did not dislike the abs :wink:
:P

I knew it!

Awesome fight scenes though, oh, does anyone here know that you can actually watch the fight scenes on youtube. They're kinda violent so if you want them PM me.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Or, you could just, you know, RENT the movie. It's not illegal, Adam. :x

So... just saw The Mist and Rocky IV. The latter was dumb, the former awesome. I was fascinated by it, but unfortunately they changed the ending of the story (which is one of King's best novellas). It was still great, even though Marcia Gay Harden was in it (I can't stand her...).
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Adam
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
iamscott wrote:Or, you could just, you know, RENT the movie. It's not illegal, Adam. :x
True, but, the story is pretty boring, all people (usually) wanna see are the fight scenes.
Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
I saw some weird movie on the sci-fi channel earlier, I don't know the name. And I'm kinda watching National Treasure right now.
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Futurama: Bender's Big Score.

It's nice to have the show back.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Bruce_Campbell wrote:Futurama: Bender's Big Score.

Is it good? I am thinking about getting it but I haven't heard what it's like.
akitoluva
Noob
Noob
XXX (triple X....) with Vin.... I actually got to buy it (yay!)
(*shakes head* now doesn't that sound bad... :shock: )

I wouldn't recommend it for younger crowds though... there's a lot of language.. :(
Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
akitoluva wrote:XXX (triple X....) with Vin.... I actually got to buy it (yay!)
(*shakes head* now doesn't that sound bad... :shock: )

I wouldn't recommend it for younger crowds though... there's a lot of language.. :(
State of the Union is worse.
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
Collateral - Sorry guys...it didn't impress me. It seemed rather pointless.
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Spartan_117 wrote:
Bruce_Campbell wrote:Futurama: Bender's Big Score.

Is it good? I am thinking about getting it but I haven't heard what it's like.
I liked it. It wasn't as good as the best of the old Futurama, but it still had that Futurama flavor. If you're a fan, you'll probably like it... although I've heard a few that didn't.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
Location: Dillon, Texas, helping Landry practice his field goal kicks.
Trudogger wrote:Collateral - Sorry guys...it didn't impress me. It seemed rather pointless.
Blasphemy!!! Heresey!!! Sacrilege!!! How dare you defile that which we have made sacred. You may have the word "True" hidden inside your name, but I say that you have spoken one of the greatest lies that this earth has ever beheld. Brother scott. What shall we do with this unholy profaner? :x

It's okay, Trudogger. We can't all have a great taste in movies. :wink: What do you mean by pointless? Just curious.

The Butterfly Effect - Great idea, well executed, but they tried to fit too much into it. Okay movie.

Oh, I'm an Obibear. Yes, I'm an Obibear. I'm a yummy tummy funny lucky Obibear.

I'm a jelly bear. Cuz I'm an Obibear. I'm a movin' grovin' jammin' singin' Obibear.
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
Actually, I should take back what I said about it not impressing me. It did. The camera-work, acting, and script were all well executed. It's the story that I had a problem with. It didn't have any focus until the last fifteen or twenty minutes into the movie, and the other parts with the drug lords or other criminals (I had a hard time deciphering who was who) seemed contrived, and were put in to kill time until the final act. Of course, if they weren't put in, the story would have no steam at all and the movie wouldn't work. Another thing that I didn't like about the story was it seemed a little random. The part when the street punk steals Max's wallet and the briefcase didn't really make sense, except to show Vincent's brutality.

All in all, I did like the movie, but I wouldn't want to see it again because...*gasp* I have better things to do.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Here's the beauty of Collateral, and indeed, all Michael Mann movies: they are slow and drawn out for a reason. They build character, and through that, relationships with the audience, through the quiet and the music and everything, and then he decimates it with brutal, intense violence. The movie in question is really a movie about LA, as is Heat. So... it really just conveys the serenity of a chaotic city.

Obi, as I am a serious student of film (if you read my writing, most of it is quite cinematic, full of quick cuts), I can only say that if you do not appreciate Collateral for what it is, then you don't know what you're missing.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
CountKrazy
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
Could possibly see some of your writing, Scott? I've been interested since the beginning. :wink: Although I understand if you don't want me to; it's a good idea to be cautious about plagiarists. O_O

Sniper

It was pretty good. Definitely not the best, but all right.
ohnolookout
VIP Member
VIP Member
Rescue Dawn

Live Free or Die Hard

I enjoyed both of them.
Si ergo Filius vos liberaverit vere liberi eritis