Duck Dynasty!!!!!!

HankTheCowdog
Are you human?: Yes!
Bruce_Campbell wrote:Somebody please tell me what the appeal of this show is. From what I've seen, it's basically a millionaire family pretending to be rednecks. I mean, most of the stuff on the show is staged, no?
Until the latest season it was the only reality TV show that wan't staged!

The appeal is because it reaches out to many people who actually live this way or once lived this way, or to people who have never seen anybody live this way. And because they do prank and play (because they're millionaires) it makes it really funny. I was actually someone who lived kind of like this.

God's Not Dead!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Bruce_Campbell wrote:Somebody please tell me what the appeal of this show is. From what I've seen, it's basically a millionaire family pretending to be rednecks. I mean, most of the stuff on the show is staged, no?
It's funny, clean, entertaining, and feels real most of the time.

It's also the only reality show I can watch, mostly because it doesn't even sort of pretend to be real and serious.
HankTheCowdog
Well it is real, but isn't always serious. I know people like this! They just aren't as rich.

God's Not Dead!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Come on son. I love the show, but you have to admit that some of the stuff is faked.

Or at the least, set up in advance.

Now, being from the south, I will tell you that it's pretty much completely realistic. XD
blacksinow
I'll be glad when this show gets canceled because the cast can't tolerate Phil being suspended lol.
HankTheCowdog
I don't know if it was set up in advance but you can definitely tell that they are acting differently on the show than in real life. Like for instance in that lawn mower episode. They went out bought a mower, and entered in a race just to show some guy that they are better than he. But they probably wouldn't even have bought a mower with out there being a show around them. They just act differently because they want it to be more entertaining and BY JOE it works it is fun to watch millionaires react to every little detail because it is hilarious. It also helps that they are Christians.

God's Not Dead!