Adventure Time

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
ChickenSoup wrote:I get the feeling that you and the other moms are probabably in a small enough percentage of the population that it doesn't matter
Truly, if the main portion of society agrees then the rest don't matter.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
it would seem as though enough of the relevant portion of the population doesn't consider it the horrific language that it apparently is that the show remains on-air
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Which shows...what? A morally positive society, or one that continually accepts worse content for children's viewing?

For me, I don't care so much. It's the idea that the thoughts and moral holdings of a 'small' people group really don't matter. :| That's not cool, man.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
if they don't like "fricking," they probably should just not watch tv. Problem solved
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
CountKrazy
VIP Member
VIP Member
I don't know that it's so much their opinion doesn't matter as much as it's impossible to cater a show to all the minorities and appease them. The majority of the world is comfortable with fricking; if it wasn't fricking, it would be some other replacement word. Adventure Time is already compromising by not using the full on f-bomb, though I doubt they would in the first place. They're using the word "fricking" because, simply put, most of the world prefers it. There are those who prefer something different, but that's when it gets to be an issue of "okay, just how much of this show are we going to compromise so that we don't offend ANYONE"

Their opinion matters, but so do the opinions of the radicals in the pansexual community that take offense at the presence of genders in Adventure Time and would prefer that every character be ambiguously gendered. I have no idea if anybody feels like that specifically about Adventure Time, but it illustrates my point: You can't compromise for everyone.
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
At the end of the day, the show makes money and that's all the network really cares about. If it becomes unpopular and begins to lose revinue, the the network will pull it and put something else on in it's place. They don't really care what the people who watch the show think, so long as they are watching it and continue to do so.

If there was a show that people hated, but they watched it because they were so disgusted with it they had to see it, then the network will air it because it will generate money. With companies who have no real moral foundation, where money is their only goal, anything goes.
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Yerp.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
cool story bro

THIS WAS A THREAD ABOUT ADVENTURE TIME
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
:problem:

Duh.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
almost as obvious as no one caring about non-swear words
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
I just found this:

You have no idea how much joy is in my soul right now.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
oh my goodness o_o
jester747
Forum Moderator
So I finally watched it and OH MAH BLURPPPPZ IT'S AMAZING
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
fathom123 wrote:At the end of the day, the show makes money and that's all the network really cares about. If it becomes unpopular and begins to lose revinue, the the network will pull it and put something else on in it's place. They don't really care what the people who watch the show think, so long as they are watching it and continue to do so.

If there was a show that people hated, but they watched it because they were so disgusted with it they had to see it, then the network will air it because it will generate money. With companies who have no real moral foundation, where money is their only goal, anything goes.
Exactly. And it's not just TV shows, either. In almost every major business venture, the real goal is to make sure that, no matter what the product is or what it protrays, the will be able to get rich off of it. That's just what some people are like. Now, we don't know that making money is their major goal or not, but chances are that it is.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should've been more specific." -Lily Tomlin
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
ccgr wrote:Image

Nice.

― Criss Jami