Whatcha reading???

WayfaringGamer
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
somebodysmom wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:54 pm I listen to audiobooks and just decided to re-read the Chronicles of Narnia. I am currently on Prince Caspian.

Oh hey, I finished reading the Chronicles of Narnia for the first time not too long ago! (I am very late to the hypothetical Narnia club). My favorite of the series is The Silver Chair.

I haven't been reading any books lately, but I recently got some books that one of my siblings no longer wanted, so I might find something new to read soon.
sarna
Noob
Noob
star wars novelisation
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
Currently I'm reading "Reliability of the Old Testament" by K.A. Kitchen. It's very thorough-- I would argue a bit TOO thorough-- and very dry, but it is quite enlightening. It's amazing how much of it is backed up by archaeological evidence, and we just keep finding more and more of it. The author does seem to oddly mostly assume the way Bible describes miracles isn't how they really happened, though, which is kinda of odd (i.e., the Angel of Death killing a whole group of enemies was probably just mass food poisoning... wha?), given the overall message of the book.
Last updated March 13th
CommunistToad
Noob
Noob
The book thief. (A book about ww2 with death telling the story.)
pjakeh
Noob
Noob
I've been reading "The Potter's Freedom" by James R. White. It's a rebuttal to "Chosen but Fee" but Giesler and a defense of reformed theology. Really good read,very challenging.
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
I'm reading "Superego" by Frank J. Fleming-- a novel set in the distant future about a guy genetically created to be an assassin who ends up falling in love. It's a funny and unique take on the usual "becoming a real boy" trope.
Last updated March 13th
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
Now I'm reading "The New Answers Book 3" (I skipped Book 2 for now, the questions in this one intrigue me more)-- a continuation of the Answers in Genesis books defending young-earth creationism and related topics. Again, really solid, detailed answers-- I continue to be impressed.
Last updated March 13th
JCR1010
Noob
Noob
Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
TheSquareTigerYT
Noob
Noob
I've been reading Marvel Encyclopaedia and Doctor Who encyclopaedias.
HoopsJVL
Noob
Noob
I enjoy all Star Trek: The Next Generation books. Most recently I have been reading the Harry Potter series.
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
I read "Orthodoxy" by G.K. Chesterton a while ago. He certainly makes some good points when I can understand him, but I dunno. This is my 2nd attempt at Chesterton and he's just too dense for me. Brilliant, but too dense.

I just finished "The Tower of Babel" by Bodie Hodge, from the Answers in Genesis folks. Really interesting, detailed information that looks at how we dispersed after the Babel incident, plus answers some popular questions about it. Definitely a great book.
Last updated March 13th
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
Now I'm reading "The Quest for Cosmic Justice" by the legendary Thomas Sowell. Really good book, captures perfectly the unexpected consequences resulting from trying to make things equal/better. Definitely relevant right now.
Last updated March 13th
J.K. Riki
Beastbot wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:38 am I read "Orthodoxy" by G.K. Chesterton a while ago. He certainly makes some good points when I can understand him, but I dunno. This is my 2nd attempt at Chesterton and he's just too dense for me. Brilliant, but too dense.
Chesterton is not light reading, that's for sure! Ha ha, good stuff, though.

I've been listening to a reading of The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe lately. It is a wonderful book to have read to you. Just nice to lay back with your eyes closed and go on an adventure.
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
I finished reading "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Immigration" by John Zmirak-- VERY well-compiled and well-written. One of favorites of the PIGs.

Now I'm reading "Apollyon", the fifth of the Left Behind books. It's okay so far, but I'm over halfway through it and no mention of anything regarding, y'know, the title of the book....
Last updated March 13th
elijah2011
Noob
Noob
Right Now Pinocchio