Whatcha reading???

Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Started reading A Game of Thrones. I was hesitant to buy it, but after watching the first episode of the show I decided I needed to read it first.

Also started Voltaire's Candide. I had to stop reading it becuae bursting out laughing in the middle of a mall isn't cool <_<
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Man, I've finished so many books within the last two weeks.

Glamorama - Bret Easton Ellis
Lunar Park - Bret Easton Ellis
I Am No One You Know - Joyce Carol Oates
Wise Blood - Flannery O'Connor
Full Dark, No Stars - Stephen King
A Storm of Swords - George R. R. Martin

Currently working on:

Crime and Punishment - Fyodyr Dostoevsky
Moonlight Mile - Dennis Lehane
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
TripExistence wrote:Slaughterhouse Five - Kurt Vonnegut
The Stranger - Albert Camus
The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
Read these this week, interesting stuff. All good in their own right, but I think the Vonnegut was my favorite.
Strikerz68
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
i read mostly Star Wars and sci-fi whatever but am reading Dark Force Rising by Timothy Zahn...he has a few out and so far im enjoying them.
BigBrother
Noob
Noob
I'm reading:

Warm Blood - Isaac Marion - Can Zombies Love????
Crazy Love - Francis Chan - What does the bible have to say about how Christians SHOULD live their lives?
The Relationship Principles of Jesus - Tom Holladay - 40 day devotional to learn how to love God and others like Jesus did.
BigBrother
Noob
Noob
Strikerz68 wrote:i read mostly Star Wars and sci-fi whatever but am reading Dark Force Rising by Timothy Zahn...he has a few out and so far im enjoying them.
The Thrawn Trilogy by Zahn is excellent!

Survivor's Quest and Outbound flight are also good ones by Zahn.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Don Quixote.

I struggled at first with the ye olde language, but I think I've caught on now. Mildly sad since Don Quixote is mildly insane, but I also laughed myself silly last night.
jester747
Forum Moderator
Orodrist wrote:Started reading A Game of Thrones. I was hesitant to buy it, but after watching the first episode of the show I decided I needed to read it first.
Watcha' think of it?
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
It was awesome. I wouldn't recommend if you're picky about content, but it was awesome.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
TripExistence
donkey
So I'm trying to finally finish the Harry Potter series... which means starting with book three.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Orodrist wrote:It was awesome. I wouldn't recommend if you're picky about content, but it was awesome.
It is... and then I started noticing the excessive use of simile.

Oh man. XD
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
TripExistence
donkey
I have a friend who uses a lot of similes. He's like, annoying.
jester747
Forum Moderator
Orodrist wrote:It was awesome. I wouldn't recommend if you're picky about content, but it was awesome.
Oh, I've already read it.

But yeah, awesome. Definitely wanna' be careful who you recommend it to (mebbe not mom lol) but it's still awesome.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
Ted Peretti
Noob
Noob
Currently I'm reading Ted Dekker's Red on my android Kindle App. But being in Aus I can't get all the The Lost Books for the kindle so I'm getting them from Audible. But yeah got the rest (Paradise novels as well and Green). Then I'm going onto The Books Of Mortals: Forbidden. Gonna break it up though. After White I'm gonna read the Guild Wars Books then go back.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Ted Peretti wrote:Currently I'm reading Ted Dekker's Red on my android Kindle App. But being in Aus I can't get all the The Lost Books for the kindle so I'm getting them from Audible. But yeah got the rest (Paradise novels as well and Green). Then I'm going onto The Books Of Mortals: Forbidden. Gonna break it up though. After White I'm gonna read the Guild Wars Books then go back.
Black was an awesome book, I am reading Red too, well more like was reading since I don't have the book any more. :(
Hopefully I will find it some where then finish it, then I will read White. :)

Did you read Green yet? I am not to sure what it's about,
I heard the series was better off with out it though, so I am not sure if I should read it after I read Red, and White. :|
TripExistence wrote:I have a friend who uses a lot of similes. He's like, annoying.
Am I over using them right now? :silent:
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.