Recommend a book.

monkeydance
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Good book: No Matter What by Summer Howard. Relatively new Christian teen romance.
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." -Jeremiah 29:11
baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
One of my favorite adventure books is Invisible City by M. G. Harris. It's about a British teen boy whose father, a Mexican archaeologist, died in a mysterious plane crash while on the hunt for a fabled fifth Mayan codex that talks about the end of the world. It's a really gripping story and camn actually be pretty funny every now and then.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should've been more specific." -Lily Tomlin
TenorNegative
Noob
Noob
Ender's Game is a great book if you like Sci-Fi and just plain old good storytelling.
Cpt_Cheesepuffs
Noob
Noob
I read A Game of Thrones last year and absolutely loved most of it. There were some less than pleasant parts which helped me decide not to continue on with the series. So I am looking for an epic fantasy book that has the scale of A Game of Thrones, but lacks it's less than pleasant bits.
Cpt_Cheesepuffs on Steam
Dutch_Scream
Noob
Noob
if you are dutch: 'Er Komt Een Vrouw Bij De Dokter' :3 otherwise: no, sorry!
thekryken
Noob
Noob
I would highly recommend the Dragons in Our Midst series to anyone who likes christian fantasy/action. It's generally a young teens book, but I'd advise it for anyone who can read (and presumably you can, because you're read this).

Another good series for anyone who likes fantasy/action: The Mistborn Series by Brandon Sanderson (Disclaimer: there is some sexual content (not described, just spoken of), but it is not glorified by the POV.) There are also some religious ideas that aren't christian in the first book (though not anti-christian), but if you read on it changes. Finally, there's some gore.
BUT, it is the best series I have ever read. The writer is incredibly good at including useful details, and his plots are great. Each book is at least 500 pages, depending on what edition you read.

Finally, The Way of Kings, also by Brandon Sanderson. This fantasy novel is 1,000 pages long, so be warned. It can get boring at some parts. It is extremely well written though, and once you finish, a lot more of what happened earlier will make sense. It is well worth the read, if you like good writing and fantasy/action.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Oh my goodness I love the Dragons in our Midst series and the Oracles of Fire series. Wonderful reads!
This is my signature
oregorn1997
Gamer
Gamer
Location: CreeperVille Kansas (actually I live in Florida, but I thought that sounded better)
I would seriously recommend the author Frank Peretti. His books are great!

Some of them are a bit dark, but they are all Christian based.
I am the Slayer... Of creepers... maybe a skele or two... and occasionally a zombie...

Anyone want some gunpowder?
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
I recommend the Redwall series by Bryan Jacques. It's really great for younger readers and for people with good imaginations. :)
This is my signature
Bulldoggy22
Noob
Noob
Dostoevsky, a Christian Russian author back in the 1800's, wrote some magnificent books. I have only read "Crime and Punishment" and "The Idiot", I would suggest reading those first, as they are his more popular writings.
bubbzilla
Noob
Noob
I recommend to read Hundred Cupboards or the Voyage of the Frog
llNobleNinjall
Noob
Noob
Everybody should read "The Kingdom Series" by Chuck Black. He is an amazing author and the series is an allegory. And it is SO spot on. Its a really good read.
llNobleHeroll
Noob
Noob
I would have to recommend the door within series by Wayne Thomas Batson. It's and allegorical book (of the bible )about a teenager named Aiden who finds some scrolls in his basement. And he discovers that they lead to the land of Alleble but to get to Alleble he must open the door within himself.
lNoblePrincessl
Noob
Noob
I recommend the Kingdom series by Chuck black. It is an allegory of the Bible. It has knights, dragons, and battles. This book is for young and old. :) you should check it out.
Spy_Piggy
Noob
Noob
I highly recommend 'The hobbit' and 'the lord of the rings' trilogy, both by J.R.R. Tolkien. They
Are both fantastic.