A Tear Do I Shed For Thee - Poem

harold5187
Noob
Noob
Here is a poem I wrote a long time ago, as I was pondering the ruins of Rome and how great it once was, and how if America is not careful, our fate shall be far worse...

A Tear Do I shed For Thee, Oh Mighty Rome
By: Harold McBroom
======================================================================

Where feet once trampled, another now takes its place, upon the sands of time, that hide
our trails.

Did we ever exist? Only hell doth know!

Upon your graves, our cities are built; Close not thine eyes, nor say thee, "fairwell", for in as short this time, her soul shall wake!

A tear do I shed for thee, oh mighty Rome, for in thy death, I see my own!

Who among men, hath slain the Son Of God? Know ye not whilst in thy fall, this very Man hath once again, risen!

Interestingly enough, I have added this poem which I came across years ago, for those who love ancient witings...

Ancient Prophecy
The Christian poet Commodian (fl AD 260) also writes of the Antichrist, when Nero will return from hell.
"Then, doubtless, the world shall be finished when he shall appear. He himself shall divide the globe into three ruling powers, when, moreover, Nero shall be raised up from hell, Elias shall first come to seal the beloved ones; at which things the region of Africa and the northern nation, the whole earth on all sides, for seven years shall tremble. But Elias shall occupy the half of the time, Nero shall occupy half. Then the whore Babylon, being reduced to ashes, its embers shall thence advance to Jerusalem; and the Latin conqueror shall then say, I am Christ, whom ye always pray to; and, indeed, the original ones who were deceived combine to praise him. He does many wonders, since his is the false prophet" (Instructiones, XLI).

Nero was so brutal that it was believed that he would be the antichrist...
evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
This is a great poem one of the best ones I have ever been shown! Mind if I share one of my own? :)

A start of a great adventure takes the first step!
For the Lord watches you every time
For he has you in his hands kept
I hope you enjoy this very great rhyme!

The Lord loves all the lame
Even all of the people around!
For he heals all with no shame!
And he loves us more then a golden mound!

Thank you Lord thank you so!
He will always keep us at hand
For the Lord will fix all the low
He loves us more the all the grains of sand

Thanks for reading! May the Lord bless you this season! :wink: